FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » to Stray

Author Topic: to Stray
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
She's someone I'd like to get to know better, someone who I admire for many reasons. She's been posting here and there on this forum and in her livejournal for a while now and I want to share a few things I've learned about her:

• She knits. Lots of stuff. For babies, Hatrack babies even.
  • She likes Harry Potter.
  • She's kind to animals. She's been known to adopt kitties and lemurs and...all sorts of sweet little furry creatures.
  • She's a Firefly fan...or a flan. [Smile] She actually made a brown coat for the Serenity premiere.
  • She's smart with computers in ways I can't possibly understand. It's what she does for a living....I think? [Wink]

I think she's a great person (What's not to like from the list above?!) and I'm impressed at the mettle with which she is crafted. She thinks of others and their feelings. She maintains an unobtrusive yet very supportive profile here on the board...and I thought she deserved hugs, good vibes, and some serious props for being the person she is.

So have at it. (((Stray))) I'm so glad you're here.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I love threads like this. 'Specially about people so deserving. [Smile]

(((((Stray))))) I'm glad you're here too.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samarkand
Member # 8379

- posted      Profile for Samarkand   Email Samarkand         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean metal? Or is that a pune or play on words? (I'm quoting Terry Pratchett.)
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

quote:
met·tle ( P )
n.
Courage and fortitude; spirit: troops who showed their mettle in combat.
Inherent quality of character and temperament.

Idiom:
on (one's) mettle
Prepared to accept a challenge and do one's best.

hm. [Smile] I guess it was a play on words.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree.

Stray rocks.

(((Stray)))

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay Stray!

When I was in Bloomington she took me to a cafe that has goldfish in the bathtub. Hard to get cooler than that! [Smile]

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia, have I ever mentioned that I love you?

And Stray as well, of course. [Smile]

This thread makes me happy.

And plaid: Did you guys go to Soma?

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Yeah, I love threads like this, too.

Stray, you're loved. But then, Narnia, so are you. [Smile]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
*thinks stray is a very cool jatraquera*
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
What's her LJ ID?
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

Wow...what a way to start off my workday! Narnia, you're an amazing and wonderful person [Kiss] Thank you so much for posting this thread, and to everyone else who added their kind words. I feel all glowy now [Smile]

Seriously...y'all are just...*shakes head, smiling*

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, to clarify a couple points:
  • My LJ name is lemur_lady, though if you want to read it, be warned I'm going through rather a rough time right now (which makes this lovely thread all the more welcome).
  • I have never actually owned lemurs. I don't think that's legal in this country. Cats, ferrets, fish, a leopard gecko, and a dog for a while, but no primates.
  • The fish-in-the-bathtub restaurant is the Runcible Spoon, to which I compulsively drag any and all out-of-town friends who visit Bloomington.
  • I've knitted baby items for Space Opera, Mrs. M, and Jenny Gardener, and will happily knit them for any of the currently-expecting Hatrack mommies who would like something.

I love Hatrack [Big Grin]

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] This is such a nice thread, and Stray deserves every word. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

[Kiss] I hope you're having a great day, you deserve it.
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Stray is very cool, too [Smile]
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll chime in too, Stray is tres awesome!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, the Runcible Spoon! Doesn't Matt O'Neal run that one? He used to own the Walden Inn, which is on the campus where I live, but my school just bought it, so I'm assuming he doesn't anymore. He's a funny guy, and most insistent that I'm Irish (even when I assure him I'm not)! [Razz]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Matt O'neal runs the Runcible Spoon, and he catered Allegra's grad party. And yes they too have fish in the bathtub.

Stray is very cool, and has been helpful a few times when I screamed with knitting problems.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.