FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I hate the internet

Author Topic: I hate the internet
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
From fark.com:

Pro-choice doesn't really mean "we want people to have a choice in their lives" but rather "we want large abortion companies to make insane amounts of money by preying on poor, minority women and chopping up their next generation".

Likewise, "pro-life" doesn't mean "we want to protect all life in the universe, including that of terrorists and repeat murder/rapist psychopaths". It means, "we want to protect the lives of unborn children".

---

Mindless rhetoric? Hardly. Liberals believe in the death penalty, without a trial, for the innocent. Liberals believe in culture-appropriate meals, coddling and protection for throat-slitting terrorists. That's not rhetoric. Not fantasy. That's reality, circa today.

I hope that every muslim scumbag terrorist they catch is tortured, pumped for as much information as we can get out of them, and then shot in the back of the head.

--

Torture isn't about death. It's about keeping a person alive when they'd rather be anything but. Destroying them utterly. That's torture.

The fact that you are full of lies and an idiot is of course tangential to this argument so I won't dwell upon it. Commie.

--

WTF is with all the libs claiming we are better than them when their battle cry is usually that they are better that us?

Christ, how many liberals rushed out to convert to Islam post 9/11? A lot I bet!

--

Man these neocon moonbats sure have a high degree of confidence in our executive overlords. They don't seem to think any of the people in our torture camps could possibly be innocent.

It must be awesome to infallible soldiers with the psychic ability to only capture truly guilty people. Here on Earth we still make mistakes and need due process to sort it out.

/ Can I live on your planet for a while?

--

stotan, how much oil does Darfur have?

if the answer is 'not much', then that is why we do not care about genocide there. sad, but it is the republican way.

--

One thing I think we can all agree on is that everyone else has been right all along: America is evil, and this stuff doesn't spin up in just 5 years. All of this sort of puts the whole justification for 9/11 thing in a little more perspective, eh?

------------------------

I sincerely hope that hatrack never stoops to this level. Though it does seem to sink lower and lower for each day that goes by.

[ November 11, 2005, 06:24 AM: Message edited by: St. Yogi ]

Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh?
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just sick and tired of internet jerks/trolls/partisan hacks
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Understandable. I don't think that Hatrack's getting worse, though.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
You hate this stuff . . . so you spread it?

Um . . .

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of folks on this forum vent their pet peeves, rivka, including through giving examples.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought he was doing anything BUT spreading it...it looked like he was (at least to me) showing examples of what he DIDN'T like about some other place. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Fark has never impressed me. Any story that's actually interesting shows up elsewhere, anyway. (Technically, I guess they're all from other sites to begin with . . . but I've never gone to fark and seen anything interesting that I hadn't already found out about from other sources.)
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I avoid any political threads on Fark.

There are so many of the posts that you quoted that it's impossible to have a discourse. And everything moves so fast there might be a hundred one-liners, pics, and funny gifs between a question and an answer.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aspectre:
Lots of folks on this forum vent their pet peeves, rivka, including through giving examples.

Maybe it's me. But seven "examples" seems excessive. [Dont Know]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yank
Member # 2514

- posted      Profile for Yank   Email Yank         Edit/Delete Post 
You think this is bad, try reading the comments on Little Green Footballs or The Daily Kos. Yecchh. While the actual posts aren't always terrible, the comments must be read to be believed.

Then there's Democratic Underground and, sometimes, Free Republic, which are nothing *but* comments.

It's the political equivalent of severe inbreeding.

Posts: 1631 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
fark is kinda the armpit of the Internet. You'd probably find a lot to hate if you read it often.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.