FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How rude!

Author Topic: How rude!
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
This forum has been kicking me out unceremoniously. Dumping me, as it were.

Mid-post, even.

It's so bad that, even though I just signed in again to post this new topic, I have no idea if it'll let me stay on long enough to actually post it.

It's even several of my wanna-be posts already. Sadly, they are now lost in the depths of my lack of memory-ness. Or something.

Ah. Ack. Well, ya know.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey. At least we figured out sour cream. [Kiss]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
And, for the record, before that post you see above this one, I haven't posted for a good 15 minutes.

And yet, when I went to post this new topic, I got that flood protection error message.

So, let me guess . . . There's a new setting so that people can only post at least 15 minutes apart?

[/sarcasm]

Yeah, I'm in a time warp. I know, I know. Turn the time machine off, and then try again. Sheesh.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

*laughs* Yep, kq, that we did. Ack!

So*, this post went through the first time. And I haven't been logged off again for, um, 2 minutes. I guess the Matrix has been fixed, then?

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*spanks the forum for being rude to quid*
quidscribis
Member # 5124

*laughs*

Thanks. I feel better.

quidscribis
Member # 5124

And nope, it's not all better. It's still doing it.

Please, tell me. Am I the only one this is happening to?

Am I hallucinating?

Or am I just crazy?

Nope, skip the last one... [ROFL]

aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Could be your computer is infected. Or it could be a similar problem at your InternetServiceProvider, with error messages/etc directed at their operations being reflected back to your computer.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'm betting that's something like it. The joys of living in Sri Lanka, huh?
quidscribis
Member # 5124

It's not a virus infection - that much I do know. It's also not the browser - tried both FireFox and IE. ISP is always possible. It didn't occur to me that that could cause such a problem, but now that you mention it, aspectre, it does make sense. Thanks.

One more reason to hate them.

Sigh.

And if the theory is that the ISP is infected with virii, uh, that I wouldn't be surprised at at all.

Have I mentioned that here, if you take your computer in to any computer repair place/computer technician, it ALWAYS comes back with extra "free" (read pirated) software installed ("Useful! More Better!" - and sometimes, like, oh, a half dozen to a dozen different programs that ALL DO THE SAME DANG THING! Like media players. How many do ya need? Uh, one. Not twenty.) and dozens to hundreds of instances of adware/spyware/virii installed?

Yeah. Sri Lanka. Yada yada.

firebird
Member # 1971

- posted      Profile for firebird   Email firebird         Edit/Delete Post 
this happens to me too occasionally ... most frustating when you lose a long post.

Bad Hatrack.

Posts: 571 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
(I keep reading the tilte of your thread and hear in my head "how rude, ah la la" with a French accent, like in Shrek 1. [Smile] )
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Must be nice. I keep hearing Jar Jar Binks. *twitch*
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
That is what I heard too Pops. I've been scarred for life by that wretched creature. *shivers and vomits*
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by quidscribis:

So, let me guess . . . There's a new setting so that people can only post at least 15 minutes apart?

Perhaps the powers that be have decided that some of us were posting way way too much. This could be an emergency measure to help stem the tide.

Sorry. [Blushing]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Damn you, Tante! It's all your fault! I knew it! [Wink]
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
You probably encouraged the emergency measure when you saw me in your rear-view mirror, gaining on you, growing ever larger and more menacing, about to pass you, about to blow the doors off your little buggy.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Tante, I thought I told you to stop stalking people like that. You can stalk them as much as you want, as long as they don't realize what is going on. You obviously tipped quid off.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

[Blushing]
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I don't mean to embarrass...
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Tante, it's true. Just don't tip people off. When ya do, things go haywire.

And yeah, that's a threat. What'cha gonna do 'bout it, eh?

*beats chest*

*Ow, that hurt*

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Oh, sweetie, don't beat yourself up. I'm sure that you are a fine person of worth. I didn't mean to be threatening to you.

<makes nice. pats quidscribis's arm gently>

Can't we still play nice together?

quidscribis
Member # 5124

Only if you stop making the forum kick me out.

I mean it! *grrrr!*

Yeah, okay. [Smile]

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

<ahem>
STOP KICKING QUIDSCRIBIS OUT!

(I'm not sure if the Powers that Be heard me, but I did my best) [Dont Know]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Perhaps, you should try screaming it in traditional fashion. Yell it out for the whole world to hear, as Captain America often yells, "Avengers Assemble!" very loudly.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Isn't Captain America due up for a promotion yet? I'd have figured him for a Colonel by now.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I think he chooses to stay in the lower levels of military ranking. And Colonel America doesn't sound near as cool as Captain America, does it?

Nor Coroporal America

Nor Lutinenant America

Nor Private America

Nor Seargant America

See? Captain America sounds cooler.

theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Those are all lower ranks, too. And only lieutenant is an officer rank; the others are all enlisted.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

And that matters why? I was just giving examples, I didn't care to be accurate.
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
who knows why, but I hope the problem is resolved for you soon!
Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
I just didn't think that Captain America wished to be demoted.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

The forum didn't kick me out at all yesterday, and so far today (all of three minutes), it's working, so *crosses fingers* so far, it's looking good. [Big Grin]
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

The Tante giveth. The Tante taketh away. Blessed be the Shvester.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.