FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The newest Scriveners

Author Topic: The newest Scriveners
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Mungojerrie (right) and Rumpleteazer (left) are littermates that are about 9 weeks old. The kids are, of course, completely geeked out about them finally being "home". They've played hard and explored most of the evening and are finally settling down for a break. I think Teazer's going to be my huntress... she really got into pouncing on a bouncy stuffed mouse toy.

Mungo and Teazer

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Icky. Cats.

They look cute though. Kittens I'm totally cool with.

But I'm incredibly allergic to cats.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw. Cats! So cute!
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Very cute kitties.

I found a home for one of the cats that was hanging out here...the other one disappeared. I'm telling myself she just found a new home.

Anyway, Coke went to live with my parents. My dad took him home the other day (inadvertently) and my mom fell in love. Even their dog likes him. Yay!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw. They're so cute. Can I have one? Please? Pretty pretty please with a cherry on top? They're so adorable!

(But Fahim doesn't like cats, so I'll make do with the one I have. *grumble*)

Have fun playing with them.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
If quid wants a cherry on top of the cats, I don't think you should let her have one. Kitten sundaes are not cool! [No No]

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
MungoJerry seems to have an awful lot of fans. I'm not so sure about Rumpleteazer, however.

Enjoy the kitties!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Somehow I think I should have expected that from The Shvester... [Smile]

They're in the middle of the living room wrestling each other at the moment, lots of mad dashes across the entire length of the apartment as if they're hunting something else in between rounds. The kids are giggling hysterically watching.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on the new additions, Goody! [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

Enjoy!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Kitties! I want a kittie!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a cat. But he is old and balding. He also has gray hair where he isn't balding. And he sheds really really bad. And he has some sort of digestive disorder. He is an old, old cat.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwwwwwwwwww! I'm jealous, they are so handsome!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

And yet another Scrivener kitteh joins the clan....

This is Firecat. Same mother, and again we have no idea who the father might be as Momma is an inside/outside cat. Fire's about 8 weeks old now, he's been home for about a week. Teazer's mostly gotten used to him, but Mungo's still very hissy and keeps taking swipes at the little guy. No contact yet (at least not that I've seen) and Fire just flops onto his back, exposes his belly and lets Mungo do as she will.

(edited to fix linky)

[ September 05, 2007, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Goody Scrivener ]

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have to name one of our critters Bartleby.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, very cute!
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Bah. I would like a cat too, but my wife is sorely allergic.

Nice pics tho'!

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
I'm going to have to name one of our critters Bartleby.

That'd work for me.... except one more fuzzbutt and I think I officially become a Crazy Cat Lady. We're now at 3 humans and 3 cats.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Adorable! The pic is hard to see, is he solid white with dark eyes?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

White-ish with light orangey-brown patches in front of his ears, along his back, and on his side (which there looks like a funny shadow). His tail is the same orangey-brown with darker rings. His eyes are still changing but currently are a dusty blue with grey flecks. And he was laying under my desk fluorescent lamp, so the lighting was bad.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. Color on ears is good! So is darkening eyes. I have spent entirely too much time recently researching colors of cats, if anyone wants to see the powerpoint I created for our local 4-H cat club.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
How fortuitous this thread is, as I just got sworn in as a notary today. [Big Grin]

My certificate says I love justice.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.