FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » *giggles*

Author Topic: *giggles*
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Ketchup Princess has lately learned what the bear says, and goes around making "claws" of her hands and growling. She wakes up in the morning and growls and giggles to herself.

Anyway, I just heard her happily and very loudly growling in her sleep. *giggles*

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
*raises eyebrow* In her sleep, yet? What kind of bed time stories do you tell her?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, tonight we had Moo Baa La La La (which is completely bear-free) about five times in a row. I think it makes her feel powerful to be a bear. And she likes it when we pretend to be scared. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
My daughter started growling when she was six months old, so of course we encouraged it. Now (at a year) she growls any time she sees her stuffed tiger or lion.

Growling babies are so cute. [Smile]

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
My baby still growls. And she is 24!
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samarkand
Member # 8379

- posted      Profile for Samarkand   Email Samarkand         Edit/Delete Post 
I growled at my mom yesterday. She was trying to take my pear. Rrrrrr . . .
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
My 3 year old trys to roar. She will hold her hands up like she has claws and roar. It is very cute.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwww...growling toddlers are the cutest.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Sasha has gone from hitting when he gets really upset, to growling very leopard like. I don't mind the growling or the claw like hand movements. Its the claw like nails scratching me that is the problem.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I growl, pur, roar, and occasionally squeak.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ser Bronn Stone
Member # 8759

- posted      Profile for Ser Bronn Stone   Email Ser Bronn Stone         Edit/Delete Post 
She has a RIGHT to bear arms. It is known.

Bear claws can wait until she is a bit older. [Razz]

Posts: 38 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

We trim Em's claws when they start scratching. [Wink]
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
My younger brother used to think he had a tail like a dog. He jumped about barking like a dog.

My parents have never let him live it down. And they probably will not. And I'm hoping they'll tell all of his girlfriends and, eventually, his fiance.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, KQ, they're so funny when they start doing things in their sleep.

My toddler, for some unknown reason, starts "baa"-ing loudly every time she sees cows. [Dont Know] *giggle* She's really cute, though.

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Cows are just large sheep, and most toddlers know this instinctively.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I began falling in love with my wife when she "Grrr!"ed at me at the place where we worked. [Big Grin]

I stopped dead in the middle of the dining room (at Cracker Barrel) and said "Did you just Grrr! at me?", and she turned bright red and said"Yes..." then bolted into the back room, completely embaressed. [Big Grin]

Sje was 28 at the time.

I kid you not. Just ask her...I would love to see her face turn that color again...

[Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Girls grrring is awesome. It takes a special woman to stop a heart with a growl.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a professor growl animalistically a couple times in the class I TA today - we were talking about Nero.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samarkand
Member # 8379

Rowwr Rwoowr, rrrrr. Rrrrr.
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Samarkand, that's not Bear, that's Wookie! [Wink]
Samarkand
Member # 8379

Wouldn't that be "aaaaaaagggghhh!" Chewie put exclamation points on the end of everything. I think I was speaking Persian kitten, actually, because that's what I say when we're playing wrestle the hand. I don't know for sure, it was kind of a spontaneous outburst.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, while Mrs. Raven was putting Sasha to sleep:

"Time for bed Sasha."

"I'm not Sasha. I'm Beethoven! I'm a dog. (Bark bark)" His favorite movie is Beethoven, about the St. Bernard.

"Oh, then tomorrow we will get you dog food and dog biscuits for breakfast."

"Huh"

"That's what Radar (our dog) eats."

Sasha paused for a minute. "I am Beethoven the boy."

Just as he was about to fall asleep he added. "Cheese."

"What?" asked Momma.

"We dog's eat cheese too." We wrap any medicine for the dog in a bit of American Cheese. However before Momma could answer, Sasha was asleep.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

lol! When I was three, my brother was born. One night I decided at dinner that I wanted to drink out of a bottle instead of eating dinner, too. "I want to be a baby!" Without missing a beat, my mom said, "Okay, but babies don't fingerpaint or have ice cream for dessert." (Both things I had been promised after dinner that night.) I thought for a minute and decided that being a baby was boring and I'd rather be a big girl after all. [Wink]
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
Well, tonight we had Moo Baa La La La (which is completely bear-free) about five times in a row. I think it makes her feel powerful to be a bear. And she likes it when we pretend to be scared. [Big Grin]

Yay, Boynton! Been meaning to pick that one up.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.