FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What do you want for the december exchange- Must post here to play! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: What do you want for the december exchange- Must post here to play!
Kettricken
Member # 8436

- posted      Profile for Kettricken   Email Kettricken         Edit/Delete Post 
Name - Melissa
Gender - Female
Colours - Purple, black, dark reds, most dark colours. Nothing pale except lilac.
Allergies - Nuts

Ideas - I also like the idea of something local to you. I also like cooking, so recipies are good, but I don't eat meat (but do eat fish). I love nice candles, either scented or the ones with bits in. I love cats and hate frilly girly things.

Posts: 169 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And...??
Sorry, Raia -- didn't see your question.

Well, I didn't say what the color is because I have no idea how to describe it. It isn't truly "green", nor bluish -

it is more.........mint. Strong mint.

I'm thinking he just pulled some code out of a hat and put that there without knowing what color it represented...

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Blue. No Green! Aaaagh!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Now, see I remember that quote as being:

"Blue, no! Yellllll..oooo...wwwww...........aaagh."

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
KEEPER: What is your name?
LAUNCELOT: My name is Sir Launcelot of Camelot.
KEEPER: What is your quest?
LAUNCELOT: To seek the Holy Grail.
KEEPER: What is your favorite color?
LAUNCELOT: Blue.
KEEPER: Right. Off you go.
LAUNCELOT: Oh, thank you. Thank you very much.
ROBIN: That's easy!
KEEPER: Stop! Who approaches the Bridge of Death must answer me
these questions three, 'ere the other side he see.
ROBIN: Ask me the questions, bridge-keeper. I'm not afraid.
KEEPER: What is your name?
ROBIN: Sir Robin of Camelot.
ROBIN: To seek the Holy Grail.
KEEPER: What is the capital of Assyria?
ROBIN: I don't know that! Auuuuuuuugh!
KEEPER: Stop! What is your name?
GALAHAD: Sir Galahad of Camelot.
GALAHAD: I seek the Grail.
KEEPER: What is your favorite color?
GALAHAD: Blue. No yel-- Auuuuuuuugh!

What do you know? I guess you're right! [Hat]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
Here goes...

Name: Alexis
Favorite color: I don't currently have a favorite color, but I do tend to like strong, bright colors (not flourescent though!).
Allergies: None that should apply to gift-giving...

I'll join the chorus of wanting something local as well as liking to cook, particularly ethnic foods since I need to branch out from what my mom cooked. Also, I love textiles and pretty things I can display around my apartment.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctm
Member # 6525

- posted      Profile for ctm   Email ctm         Edit/Delete Post 
Name: Carolyn
Fav. color: any, really...
Allergies: no perfumes or strong scents.

I like the "smething local" idea too...

Posts: 239 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Name: Elaine
Favorite colors: red, green, brown
Allergies: penicillin, chocolate, quite a few fruits, some other foods - probably best to just not do foods. Sensitive to some scents.

Books are always good; so is music; so are movies (but I only have VHS, not a DVD player). But I also like surprises...well, most surprises.

EDITED TO ADD: It just occurred to me that I should also say that I don't have anything pierced. Not even ears. [Smile]

[ November 25, 2005, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: littlemissattitude ]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Name: Joshua
Favorite Colors: Midnight Blue
Allergies: No allergies. Except for guinea pig lacerations ... but that was only once, a long time ago. hehe. But I am only 17 so keep that in consideration.

I like weird things, especially from other countries. And, of course, books and movies. And music also. I have a long drive to work and school, so something good to listen to in the car is always welcome.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Name: Jamie

Favorite Color: blue

Do you have any allergies (nuts, milk, soaps, whatever): Wool. Makes me break out in hives. I'm also horribly allergic to rabbits, of all things. I pet a rabbit once at an animal shelter and ended up sneezing nonstop for twenty minutes. The kid I was with thought it was the Funniest Thing Ever. [Mad]

Wish List: Make me laugh. I love a good giggle.

Farmgirl: I understand about the hardware store. Last time we were in one, Nathan had to drag me out.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Name- Shondolyn
Favourite Colour-Dark blue, prussian to be exact.
Allergies-Cats, but I love them anyway.
I love dark chocolate, guitar strings, music, all manners of books, Dir en grey items, especially pictures of Kaoru, Dir en grey guitar picks, opera, especially Dmitri Hvorostovksy, blue silk scarves, homemade stuff, heck, even a rock would make me happy...
and old fedoras. I love those too... and Japanese snack food especially stuff with chocolate in it.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmservo
Member # 8552

- posted      Profile for tmservo   Email tmservo         Edit/Delete Post 
Name: Chris
Color: Blue
Allergies: Bee stings. Ditto, please don't send bees [Wink]

I'm also all up for something local.. but I'll throw out one: bargain basement DVDs that seem to you to be something "cool" I figure, it tells me a lot about the other person, and I enjoy most anything [Wink] Books, Science Fiction, History, and computer "stuff" are favs.

Posts: 202 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chreese Sroup
Member # 8248

- posted      Profile for Chreese Sroup           Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite Colors: Blue, Green, Yellow, Purple, Grey, Tan.
Allergies: None

Anything is better than nothing. I'm a 'hardcore' gamer, any little game trinkets, any game or cool movie posters. Again, anything is better than nothing.

People say they have a hard time finding things for me. I know this, so the only way to fail is to not try.

Posts: 189 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
name- Jenna!
gender- female
favorite colors- nice ones, pink, pastels.
allergies- none

I really like... brain teasers, crossword puzzles, sudoku, puzzles in general. I like animals even more than I like puzzles. But not live ones, please... [Smile]

Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
maui babe
female

No favorite colors, etc. I would prefer something unique or particular to your home or region - a cook book, a specialty food item, music CD or book of poetry or regional stories - something that isn't available anywhere else.

Oh, and I'm LDS so nothing with coffee or alcohol. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
BTW - is tea OK for LDS people?
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Name: Jay
Color: Gold and Blue (WVU colors)
Allergies: nothing major
Interests: OSC, WVU Sports, GOP, WOT, Sci-fi, running, Fun

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Name: Phil
Color: Blue
Allergies: none

What I want: Eh, I'm not too picky. Well except about food [Smile] . So you probably don't want to get me food.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
No tea for the LDS people. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
keep on talking about yourselves please, the more the better for most of you.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh. And nothing with peanuts for me. I hate peanuts. LOOOOVE dried fruit, though. (Except coconut-- sensitive to it-- and papaya, which I believe all Hatrack now knows how much I hate. And guava, which I also hate.) If whoever gets me was considering food. [Wink]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
K.T.
Member # 8665

- posted      Profile for K.T.   Email K.T.         Edit/Delete Post 
Name: KT
Fav. color: don't have one...pathetic I know. I do like black, white and red together.
Allergies: Kiwi

I love the ocean! Lighthouses, boats, etc. I also like to eat! And I love a good book on a cold day curled up in a blanket while listening to the rain...or snow.

Posts: 45 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
black, white and red together.
That makes brown. Just so you know.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Hey, I love black, white and red together. It is an entirely different effect than wearing brown.

Mickey Mouse wears black, white and red together. He does not wear brown.

Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Kira
Female
Pink and Green

I'm not particular, but I already have enough jewelry, soaps, and lotions. I wouldn't mind getting something that's more for the baby than for me.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Fav. Color: Depends on the day. I like black and white combined with anything bright. Also like pink.

Allergies: Wheat, Rye, Barley.

Likes: Hiking, Biking, Belgian Chocolate, Knitting, Wild Flowers, puzzles, and of course books.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a girl. [Smile] My favorite color is purple, but I'm not too picky.

I like surprises. Unless you're planning on sending me grass, dust, or weeds, I have no allergies you need to be concerned about.

If you must have more direction than that, I like books, local stuff, and baskets with little bits of this and that in them. I do not like things that I will have to dust. Food is fine, scented stuff is fine. [Smile]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JemmyGrove
Member # 6707

- posted      Profile for JemmyGrove   Email JemmyGrove         Edit/Delete Post 
Name: Nate
Fav. Color: Green (Green makes me look sexy. [Wink] )
Allergies: None (that I know of. Maybe you could help me discover one. [Smile] )

I'm a high-school choir teacher, big into the choral music thing. And I'm addicted to video games. And I have an earwax sculpture I've been building for several years that now stands eleven inches high. Just kidding. About the video games, I mean. [Wink]

And I'm easy to please and love surprises, so please don't feel any pressing need to stress over getting me 'just the right thing.'

(And I begin most of my sentences and many paragraphs with the word 'and.')

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Name: ?
Fav. Color: Blue
Allergies: None

I like pretty much everything, really, and what I like most is being surprised. Seriously. I think gift exchanges -- particularly Secret Santa things like this -- say more about the giver than the recipient, and so I'm interested to see what someone wants to send.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Green makes me look sexy.
Indeed. [Wink]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Name - Abby
Gender - Female
Favorite Color - Green.
Do you have any allergies> - Canteloupe (To a lesser extent muskmelon) and penicillin, but I doubt either of those apply.

Listwise, I like comics, both Japanese and American (My especial favorite is She-Hulk, and I'm missing the miniseries, hint hint) Hahah. I also love green things. And I'm going to be going to Japan in three months, so there's something.

AAAAAAANNNNNDDDD I can always use art supplies.

VVV That worries me...

[ November 30, 2005, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I totally know what I'd get Ryuko if I had her name. Not that she'd like it, per se, but it would be funny.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I know there must be more people, come on keep on posting.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

must stay on front page
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Name - James
Gender - Male
Colours - Blue, Purple, Green, Turquoise, gem colors, earthy stuff.
Allergies - Bees.
Dislikes - I don't eat candy or sugary/oily foods (except bee honey or any dried fruit or nuts are fine). I don't like smelly stuff people spray, wear, or burn. And I'm LDS.

Wishlist - Ok, I know this is cheating, but I couldn't think of a better way to show what I like. Anyway, surprise me, don't get something on that list or anything related to what is on the list as what is shown is what I don't have yet...

I like anything that is not American culture (except Native or Latin American jewelery or music is ok and even much liked).

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I see LEGOS in there human!!!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kojabu:
I see LEGOS in there human!!!

But did you see how many? [Big Grin]
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
No, but the fact that the first thing I saw was Legos made me very very happy.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Four more people who have to post, you know who you are, and so do we [Evil] [Evil] [Evil]
lucy hummer
Member # 7740

- posted      Profile for lucy hummer   Email lucy hummer         Edit/Delete Post 
Just so you know, I am currently using this screen name, and will be until the day packages must be mailed, but I'll make sure to keep this thread bumped.

--breyerchic

Posts: 94 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
My new and updated Amazon wish list has a few books that either I've read and don't have any more or haven't read yet but I like the author's other books. (I haven't read the Memory of Earth series, as an example, but have read the Ender and Alvin Maker series.)

I am LDS, so (as others have mentioned) no coffee/tea/alcohol. Chocolate is always welcome (except white chocolate). I like flavored hot chocolate mix.

Food items are good - especially if there is a regional specialty where you are from. Anything that reflects your location or is made in your location would be good. As an example, I participated in an exchange (on another forum) two years ago and gave the person a potpourri pie. It was made from bread dough or something similar, with a little pie tin, and had potpourri in it. It was made by a woman who lives in my area.

Even better would be something made by the sender - more personal.

I like science fiction and fantasy books, plus some mysteries. I like to scrapbook, although I haven't done any for awhile. I wanted to get some more supplies - pens that are safe, and a photo cutter (I can't cut straight!). There are scrapbooking computer programs for around $10 at Walmart - I haven't bought one or really checked into them yet. If it has Web page capability, that would be good.

If my person wants more details, they can e-mail a third party to ask me or use an e-mail that won't give away their identify. [Wink]

Oh, yeah ... I wouldn't mind a CD - especially Christmas music and/or something in either German or Spanish. I took both in high school but didn't practice after that. My younger daughter wants to learn German (she's nearly 10) and I wanted to refresh my Spanish. Two years ago I got a CD of Christmas songs in Spanish - some are traditional English songs and some are traditional Hispanic songs (going by ethnicity here, not nationality). Anyway, Christmas songs in either language would be really cool. My favorite CD of Christmas music is Christmas on the Border, but then I don't have very many Christmas CDs. [Wink]

Okay, I've (finally) got my list on here. [Blushing] And, in case anyone didn't know or didn't remember, I'm female. I know that can make a difference in a gift. [Blushing] [Blushing]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucy hummer
Member # 7740

- posted      Profile for lucy hummer   Email lucy hummer         Edit/Delete Post 
3 more to go, one is a lurker, two need to just come in here and post.
Posts: 94 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
BTW, most of my previous post was from my post on a similar thread from last year. I don't really have a single favorite color, but tend to like jewel tones - rich, deep colors like garnet red, sapphire blue and amethyst.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucy hummer
Member # 7740

That's fine with us
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm....

Favorite color: don't really have a favorite color.
Allergies: none.

Sorry -- I got nothin' useful. I enjoy surprises just fine, but please don't let it have anything to do with Onanism, joke or not. *smile*

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*searches for a key ring with the name "Onan" on it* [Evil]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenna
Female
I like natural greens
I'm allergic to seafood

I like dark chocolate, coffee, and tea. I don't like candles or knick-knacks.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite color: I like blues, deep greens, burgandy, orange, and silver
Allergies: I am allergic to cats [Frown] , but who's going to send me a kitty so I think I am safe there. I also have a weird reaction to bananas. My mouth and tongue get very itchy and feel all weird, yet I like bananas, go figure.
Likes: Harry Potter, LOTR, Astronomy, writing, jewelry making, moose stuffed animals (I kid you not. This is a real like of mine. I have collection that pre-dates Hatrack.)
Dislikes: Not a fan of overpowering perfumes or smelly stuff

I think I've revealed more about myself here than I have since I've been posting and lurking on Hatrack. Weirdness

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucy hummer
Member # 7740

We still need Eisenoxyde, Frisco and Kwea to post, possibly some others who registered late.
lucy hummer
Member # 7740

Come on, only 93.5% posted here, at least say something about yourself, or I will suggest someone buys Frisco Grapeseed oil.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.