FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Having a bad day

Author Topic: Having a bad day
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
I am having one of those days where nothing is going right. Last year, my fiance really wanted guinea pigs. I wasn't crazy about the idea but we got them anyways. They lived with me because my roommates liked them. This year I kept them also because he is living across the country and didn't know his roommates and didn't want to bother them. Anyways, I knew I wasn't suppose to have pets in my apartment so I know it is my fault but it still makes me mad. They were checking the apartments for winter weathering making sure all the windows were sealed and what not and they discovered my furry friends. Now I have to get rid of them by Christmas and pay a fine. My parents will take them until I move into a house in May but the fine is an expense that I so don't need right now. I have tons of extra bills with the wedding and with finishing school so the budget was already tight. I just feel like I am having one of those semesters where just when everything seems to be going right something else goes awry.

I think I would be working on fixing the problem and getting over it but my Dad made it all seem worse. He threw a fit and said I shouldn't pay the fine and should just terminate my lease. Well, as nice as that sounds it is just not practical. I would incur major fines for ending my lease early. There is no guarentee I could find another apartment this time of year in a college town and even if I did my apartment is really convenient for me. I don't have a car so I need to be near to campus and my job. Plus moving with only 5 months to go is just not worth all the hassle for the five hundred dollars. I don't really need help I just needed a good vent.

Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
((theresa)) I feel your pain. I hope tomorrow is a better day.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs* I've been having quite a number of bad days too, I hope things start to get better.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
My Dad just called and apologized. It made me feel much better. He told me that he was mad that people take advantage of the college students and that he was sorry things weren't working out. It is really unusual for him to ever apologize and it made me feel really glad that he cared enough to call me back just to say he hoped I was feeling better. Just thought I'd share.
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Why does your dad think you're being taken advantage of? You said you knew you weren't allowed to have pets. I imagine your lease said you would have to pay a fine if caught. Is the fine unreasonable?

I hope your tomorrow goes better for you, Theresa. *hugs*

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.