FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » We need a new Gilmore Girls thread (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Author Topic: We need a new Gilmore Girls thread (MAJOR SPOILERS)
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get WB at home, so I haven't seen any episodes this season. Fill me in. I heard Rory dropped out of Yale and was/is living with her grandparents and not talking to Lorelei. Lorelei proposed to Luke. Are they married yet, or did Lorelei chicken out last minute again?

Warning: *****There be spoilers in ye thread.*****

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hows about a spoiler warning?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, at the end of last season, yeah Lorelai proposed, and Rory dropped out of Yale. She was living with her grandparents, and got tons of community service. Kept dating Logan, and got a job at the DAR. Lorelai got a dog, Luke moved in, and they started renovating her house. Lorilai and Rory had to see each other a few times, but were pretty cold. The grandparents had a 21st birthday party for her, but right before it started they found out she'd been having sex with Logan, so they moved her from the Pool House, inside, and started totally monitoring her. Last week she moved in with Lane, oh and Jess visited. This week she went back to Lorelai, reregistered at Yale, and got a job at the paper she interned at (without Logan's dad knowing yet). Some 12 year old came into the diner wanting Luke's hair, for a science project. He goes to her science fair and she has done DNA tests to see if he's her father, he is. That's all so far. (you asked at a good time, November sweeps are happening)
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
What prompted the move back in with Mom?
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
The ability to not live with the grandparents, and Lane's housemates being a bit upset about her living there, and I think a general need of her mom.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Jess talked some sense into her, from what I hear, then after she moved in with Lane she decided to try for the job at the newspaper. I've missed several episodes. [Frown] Are she and Logan broken up yet?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I don't think so, though he wasn't in the last episode much, and I had to leave the room for five minutes when the phone rang.
Silent E
Member # 8840

- posted      Profile for Silent E   Email Silent E         Edit/Delete Post 
I am actually watching this show now, since my wife decided she likes it. It qualifies as together time for us, which is in short supply.
Posts: 202 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

What do you think will happen in tommorow's episode?
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
All I get of GG is what my roommate fills me in on. One of the previews leads her to believe that Rory's pregnant, and she and Logan 'discuss their options' or something. I can't stand Logan. I wish Naked Boy would come back. [Mad]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

I haven't seen much of Logan, but he can't be worse than Dean.
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
I was really happy when Logan and Rory broke up. Too bad that didn't last long, though he wasn't that annoying in the last episode. I really, really hope the preview doesn't mean anything and nothing like Rory getting pregant happens. And how could Luke not realize that Lorelai didn't want to postpone the wedding?

Also, I thought the last 10 minutes of last week's episode (Friday night dinner) was possibly the best 10 minutes in the show's history. Lauren Graham was perfect.

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*sniff* I miss them. We still watch, but it's harder. I wonder if I could get my gym to put it on the televisions above the machines.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I like Logan, but but I don't think it would work well to have Rory and Logan have a baby. But knowing the WB they don't, they aren't good at making the previews related to the show.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
The preview was clearly trying to imply that she is pregnant. Previews lie (especially, as breyer said, on the WB), so she isn't.

Besides, Lorelai responding with "when did this happen" makes precious little sense if that is Rory's news.

I'm wondering if she and Logan did something dumb like get married.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

That seems more likely, but still unlikely. I'm hoping for she moved in with him, because Paris is a tryanical roomate.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Yep they moved in because Paris kicked her out.
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only one who doesn't dislike Rory? Whenever I read the Gilmore Girls forums on Television Without Pity every other post I see says something about how horribly spoiled and annoying Rory is.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I don't dislike her, I think she's making dumb decisions, but I"m pretty sure I am too. I do like Logan too, and it seems most people don't. I didn't like Dean at all, Jess I'm not sure about.
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Rory, and I also like Logan. I was glad when they got back together (but maybe that's because Logan is just so hot!). [Smile] I am also in the camp that knew before watching the episode yesterday that she was not pregnant and was not getting married.

quote:
Also, I thought the last 10 minutes of last week's episode (Friday night dinner) was possibly the best 10 minutes in the show's history. Lauren Graham was perfect.
I totally agree. [Big Grin] Pure hilarity. It was awesome.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I was pretty sure they weren't but it's sweeps, and I didn't know if there had been any ratings declines.

I think my like for Logan has something to do with my taste in men in general, and this is probably not a healthy taste.

Counter Bean
Member # 10176

- posted      Profile for Counter Bean           Edit/Delete Post 
So will Luke take Lorelei back after she did him so ugly? I hope he proves to be big enough to let things slide, I really got the feeling that Christopher was getting married to Lorelei in part to secure a good mother for Gigi, He is rich and good looking, he will be fine. I wonder if Luke married Lorelei, could he get custody of his daughter? I think they are angling for a second 'Gilmore Girl' to replace Rory and milk a couple more seasons out of it...
Posts: 231 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Counter Bean
Member # 10176

- posted      Profile for Counter Bean           Edit/Delete Post 
Logan is as smart and together as Rory, with all the confidence she has acquired it is interesting to see her struggle with feeling inadequate for a change. Still I think he is not as 'in love' with her as either of her old boyfriends.
Posts: 231 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.