FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Great Tragedy

Author Topic: A Great Tragedy
Aerto
Member # 8810

- posted      Profile for Aerto   Email Aerto         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,176407,00.html

I think we should all take a moment of silence for Sam, the world's (former) ugliest dog.

Thank you. You may now go back to your regularly scheduled bickering and disagreement.

And I'm not sure what to think of a woman who names a dog "PixieNoodle"

Posts: 102 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Why, oh why did I click on the image?!? Yuck.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parsimony
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for Parsimony           Edit/Delete Post 
That's a dog? Are you sure it isn't some sort of hell-spawned demon?

I think I had a nightmare about that thing when I was 5.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 367 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillygoose
Member # 1616

- posted      Profile for sillygoose   Email sillygoose         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure I'm scarred for life now. Thanks.
Posts: 169 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww. I'm sorry he's dead.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember seeing Sam's picture before when he won that contest earlier this year. His owner is truly a good woman to have taken that thing in and learned to love him. I don't think I could do it and I'm a sucker for the downtrodden . . .
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

Poor doggy. Poor owner.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe that picture was just taken on a bad day ...
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I felt horrible when I read the headline since I had grown fond of this dog and the reaction I got from my friends when I showed them the dog's picture.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have nightmares now because of this. [Eek!]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Most disturbing quote in the article:

quote:
]"I have snuggled Sam under my blankets on my bed for six years," said Lockheed
And I've seen that picture several times before... still it scares the shit out of me.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh come on! It was ugly, but cute!
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Poor doggie. His title was well-earned.

I'm very sorry he died, but at least his suffering is over now. Didn't he have other health problems besides his heart?

*googling*

Oh my. The dog has (had) a blog! Apparently he had numerous health problems, and his unfortunately-named packmates are of the same breed...I wonder how he escaped with a normal name!

But yeah, his owner is a truly admirable person for taking him in. I certainly wouldn't have done it - especially as he was acting rabid at the time!

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.