FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So Long Mr. Miyagi!

Author Topic: So Long Mr. Miyagi!
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Rest in Peace Pat Morita.

::Goes to watch the Karate Kid to honor the memory::

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Such sad news. He always made me smile.
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit! I told Fahim, and now he wants to watch all of the Karate Kid movies! We don't need more movies! We've already got Stargate the rest of season 2 to the end of 7 waiting to watch, along with Fawlty Towers, and Lost season 1, and about 40 foreign films (Bollywood, Tamil, Hong Kong), and another 50 or 60 other movies waiting.

And now he's going to insist on getting Karate Kid and adding it to the already overgrown pile. Or, worse yet ,sending it to the front of the pile in memorium!

I don't mind Pat Morita, I don't. It's Ralph who gives me pains. *groan* He's whiny in a not-good Haydn Christensen kinda way.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Was it Pat Morita that was on M.A.S.H for a while?

[Frown]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Rest in peace. [Wave]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Also in "Happy Days" and a ton of other places.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
He was in a few select episodes of M.A.S.H.

But I don't think it was an oft recurring role.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Miyagi was one of the best movie characters of all time [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Myself and a couple of coworekrs have already been saying stuff like Daniel-San and Wax on Wax off.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cali-Angel-Cat
Member # 8799

- posted      Profile for Cali-Angel-Cat   Email Cali-Angel-Cat         Edit/Delete Post 
This news saddened me. I am glad that he was able to make the Karate Kid set and I loved him on Happy Days as a kid.

He will be sorely missed. Rest in Peace, Pat!

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.