FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My own personal Eurotrip

Author Topic: My own personal Eurotrip
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm debating taking a trip around Europe for a week or two during my six week winter break. (Mid January to the end of February, maybe with a friend, if I can find one willing to go with me.) If this were to happen, might there be some hatrackers I could either meet up with, or if really lucky, find a place to stay for a night or two?

Just want to figure out what options are available to me before I start my planning.

Peace
-N

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
If you come to Luxembourg, yes [Smile]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Could be an occasion for LuxCon 2006!
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you going to pal around with Napoleon?
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

I'm more than happy to host LuxCon 2006 [Smile]

(In February rather than January, if we're speaking dates at all) [Wink]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

That would work better for me too, I think.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Even if Noah has other plans, you can still visit, Anna [Smile]
Anna
Member # 2582

I'd love that! I was so sad when I missed the first EuropeCon in September...
Kama
Member # 3022

Tell you what. I'll move, settle in, get internet access, and then we'll plan. Maybe we can get other Euros to visit too [Smile]
Anna
Member # 2582

That would be great! When do you plan to move?
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
My semester in France starts 2 Feb. So I could go to LuxCon if it's sometime after that (preferably after my 1st week of classes.)
Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Leaving next Friday to look for an apartment. Work starts in January.

cool, Brian. [Smile]

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Airfare to Europe has been at an all time low recently, too.....
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble] Not with Air France [Grumble]
Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh !! Anna pt my attention on this thread, and i remember in the deep end of my memory, that...
I live in France !!
So I'd like to be with you for a new europcon ! It will be a great pleasure.
Add to that, i can offer you the hospitality for one or two night. [Smile]

You can write me by the link in my blog .

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

quote:
and i remember in the deep end of my memory
[ROFL]
Choobak, you're amazing!

Anna
Member # 2582

*smiles*
Yes, he is, isn't he?
Choobak, would you be OK if the Con happenned in Luxembourg? It's not too far away, and it would be fun to visit Kama!

Kama
Member # 3022

we're leaving Noah no choice now, are we? [Wink]
Anna
Member # 2582

He can make any suggestion, I just say what sounds better to me... [Wink]
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like ! My beautiful love's parents live in Luxembourg... So maybe i can see her, maybe... [Smile]

And I'm not so amazing [Big Grin] Just completely crazy ! (as she said about me)

So It's a good possibility to go in Luxembourg.
sound like good !

[ December 01, 2005, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Choobak ]

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
It seems as if I'm gonna just be looking for a place in Europe that I can snowboard for a week or two.

Sorry guys.

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Just don't accidentally set off smoke signals at the Vatican.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

it's okay, we're having a LuxCon without you anyway [Razz]
Rogan Josh
Member # 8024

- posted      Profile for Rogan Josh   Email Rogan Josh         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes!
(BTW, March would work better for me, and it would leave you some time to settle before we come!)

Posts: 27 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Woops, that was me [Blushing]
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea if I'd be able to come to a LuxCon, since I'm supposed to start at internship sometimes around February-March... Maybe for a weekend? Anyway, don't count on me yet. Would be nice, though... [Smile]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

It would have to be a week-end for me too because I work in a high school and have no say in the holidays dates.
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
The bigger problem is that most of the trains would go through Paris = a 7-8 hours trip, and kind of costly too. I really have to wait and see what my schedule will be and also where I'll be with my financial situation... Well, anyway, it's a long time from now.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.