FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Single girls need to eat too! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Single girls need to eat too!
desta
Member # 8777

- posted      Profile for desta   Email desta         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in need of some recipes. I'm a single girl, who definitely does NOT eat like she should. I was wondering what recipes and secrets you hatrackers have that I could borrow.

I'm looking for simple favorite. For example, I used to live on macaroni and cheese with tuna and peas in it. Right now, a favorite of mine is a plain bagel, with some pizza sauce and cheese on it, baked.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Posts: 22 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Jar of salsa, can of pineapples, some ginger and some chicken. Put it over rice.

Or bread a chicken breast, shred some mozzarella cheese, mix in oregano and basil with the cheese, slice some tomatoes. Then bake the chicken breast for a bit, add the tomato slices, bake it a little longer, then put on the cheese n spices till it melts.

Or brown some ground beef, drain it. Cook up some pasta like rotelle about 3/4ths of the way. Then mix the pasta and meet together and stir in a can of stewed tomatoes. Cover and simmer.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
I like to add a can of diced tomatoes to mac & cheese. If you're ever on a budget and need to buy the generic brands of mac & cheese, the tomatoes really make them taste good. (While Kraft is good on its own.) Just don't add the milk.

Along the same lines, I'll add diced tomatoes and/or Hunt's tomato sauce and season it myself and put it over any sort of pasta. (Rather than jars of Ragu, etc.)

Taco Salad, Burritos and other Tex-Mex dishes are pretty easy to prepare, and being a single person, you could prepare once and have a different meal for several meals. Just prepare the taco meat (or just open a can of refried beans if you're vegetarian or just like them better). You can prepare the veggies (lettuce, tomato, onion, peppers, etc.) and refrigerate what you don't use. Throwing that together is simple and tasty.

Easy LaZiti--get some sauce (your favorite or make your own), ziti noodles, and cheese (mozzerella definitely, and ricotta if you can afford it). Cook the ziti noodles, and mix with the sauce--don't skimp on the sauce. If you bought ricotta, put a layer of that in between two layers of noodles and sauce. Top with leftover ricotta and mozzerella. Cover with foil, and bake in the oven, oh about 350 degrees, for 30-40 minutes. (Basically, until it's hot and melty.) If you have several small casserole dishes, make up several pans at once and freeze the extras before baking. Then, when you want an ooey gooey pasta treat without the effort, throw it in the oven for a long time until thawed, baked, and piping hot. Depending on how frozen mine is, it usually takes over an hour at 350. (Might want to try 400.)

Basically, you can take any sort of casserole dish recipe and prepare it according to the directions. Obviously, it will be too much for you to eat at once, but if you invest in some small casserole dishes (I have lots of glass ones in all sorts of sizes--and they're not expensive.) you can freeze portions to bake whenever.

There's no reason you can't eat good. Obviously, I'm a pasta fiend, as evidenced above, but it will work with all sorts of dishes.

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desta
Member # 8777

- posted      Profile for desta   Email desta         Edit/Delete Post 
Katarain, your pasta dishes sound great! I LOVE pasta. And squicky, your rotelle dish, I'm making that for dinner tonight!

I just bought a slow cooker (crock-pot) today at Target, so if anyone has some advice on what to make using that, it'd be great. I work 12 hour shifts, so if I could put something in there, set it in low, and have it be done when I walk in the door from work, I think that would be a little piece of heaven. I bought a cookbook, but most of the recipes in there that I've found are very complex, and are directed towards a family of four or five.

Posts: 22 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I made some very good sweet and sour chicken Sunday night. It was a basic recipe in the Betty Crocker cookbook for the sauce, but I left out the pineapple and it tasted great. Then I just cooked some chicken in the frying pan with oil and lots of soy sauce. Once it was cooked I stirred it into the sauce along with some green pepper and tomato slices and let it bubble for a while.

As far as the rice, just remember: 1 cup of rice, 2 cups of water. You can cook your rice in a covered saucepan. Just let it boil for a while and take it off the heat before the water's completely gone.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
My mom gave me some GREAT recipes for chicken breast in a crockpot. Something about cream of mushroom soup, I think. I'll call her and ask.

Actually, I personally think cream of mushroom soup goes great with ANYTHING and rice.

Also, those frozen just-add-water crockpot meals are actually sometimes very good, but they're made to feed many people, I think. My roommate and I bought some of those Gladwares and saved the food in the fridge for a few days.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Most slowcooker recipes are 8 to 10 hours...does your new crockpot have a timer on it? If not, it may be well worth taking it back and getting one that does. My crockpot can be set for Low-8hrs or Low-10hrs. At the end of the time, it switches automatically to Warm mode. With chicken, overcooking, even in a slowcooker, makes it tough and tasteless. I'd be wary of leaving the slowcooker to go for more than 10 hours. THe food will probably be way, way overcooked.

I'm a fan of the Fix-It-And-Forget-It books. I've got both of them, and use them frequently. When they say it's for 4 or 5, it's really for 4 or 5 adults, so I always have leftovers. The soups should freeze well. My favorite slowcooker soup:

Chicken Tortilla Soup
3-4 chicken breasts (less if you want it really soupy, more if you want it more like stew)
1 can of black beans (I don't love black beans so I only put in 1 can, but the recipe calls for 2)
1 can of Mexicorn
2 cans of Rotel mexican tomatoes (I get the ones with chilis in them, at mild temp, but with medium, it has a nice kick)
1 can of tomato sauce
1 cup of salsa
1 small can of diced chilis
Cumin to taste (I put in about a teaspoon -- and this isn't really necessary. It's not in the official recipe. I just really like what cumin does to this recipe. It gives it a really nice extra flavor.)

Tortilla chips
Grated cheese

Dump everything except the cheese and chips in the crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours. Fish out the chicken breasts and shred them with a couple of forks. They should just fall apart. Dump them back in the soup and let it cook another hour if you can stand it. If you can't stand to wait, fill the bottom of your bowl with chips, pour soup over the chips, add cheese to the top and eat.

This should freeze well. When I make it, it usually lasts us for three days of meals. For a single, I'd freeze half and keep the rest for meals for the week. I hate leftovers, but this makes tastes as good, if not better, two or three days later.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
jeni,
How soupy is that soup? It sounds good, except that I'd want it thicker than soup.

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Kat, with 4 good sized chicken breasts, it's not very soupy at all. Much more stewish. Especially as leftovers. With 3 breasts, it's more soupy.

I haven't tried putting a bay leaf in it, but as I'm thinking about it now, I'm betting that would be a good addition to it too. I've made this soup a bazillion times...it's one of my favorites becasue it's so good yet so SO easy. I usually buy chicken breasts in bulk and freeze them. WIth this recipe, if I don't remember to thaw them first, it doesn't make any difference. I just throw them in frozen.

Oh, I didn't mention it but don't drain the cans. Dump the whole contents in.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, may I introduce my friend, Liption Onion Soup Mix?

He's a cheap dry packet of food that is about 10%onion, 30%beef boulion, and 60% salt, but its good.

It is also a universal food group.

Mix with wads of ground beef (about 1lb), an egg, some bread crumbs--made from crumbling up stale bread, or crackers. Bake. Meatballs.

Flatten wads. Bake. Hamburgers.

Stuff several wads together in a pan, bake, Meatloaf.

You can cover a roast with it, use it with cubed beef to make a stew, or flavor just about anything with it.

Except French Vanilla Icecream. It doesn't taste good in French Vanilla Ice Cream. Just trust me on that one.

Take 1/2 Cup Sour Cream, 1/2 Cup Mayo (I prefer Miracle Whip), 1 Packet Lipton Soup Mix. Stir. Put in Fridge. You have yummy French Onion Dip.

Finally, there is one more thing you can do with it.

Its, um..

Right on the tip of my tongue.

its....

Oh yeah, stir in hot water to make Onion Soup.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan_raven:

Take 1/2 Cup Sour Cream, 1/2 Cup Mayo (I prefer Miracle Whip), 1 Packet Lipton Soup Mix. Stir. Put in Fridge. You have yummy French Onion Dip.

Ah, the incomparable French cuisine!

(But Dan, doesn't that "French" recipe seem just a bit, oh, I don't know, trailer park?)

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
And Mac & Cheese is Haute Cuisine?
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Seasonings. Everything revolves around the seasoning. Some people say it all revolves around the meat, but they are wrong! Ok, so maybe they aren't, but I just have so much fun seasoning things. Invest in some good seasonings and you'll never regret it. You can season anything! Macaroni, soup, hamburgers, chicken, beef, the list goes on ... I recommend being very experimental and inventive. On the last steak I seasoned I noticed it was a bit salty ... So I dabbed on some chocolate syrup, and viola! Delectable. But seasoning things really does make eating much more enjoyable, in my humble opinion.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Historian
Member # 8858

- posted      Profile for Historian   Email Historian         Edit/Delete Post 
Historian's Fat-Free Mousse on a budget:

1 cup milk (Fat Free)
1 small box of Chocolate, White Chocolate, or French Vanilla instant pudding (or whatever you like)
1 small tub of whipped topping (Fat Free)

Mix milk and pudding, then fold in the topping. Pour in to smaller containers or just leave it in the mixing bowl.

Place in fridge for 20 minutes.

No one ever suspects that it is fat free. It is rich enough that you won't be able to eat more than a small serving so it should last you.

If you want to use skim or 2% milk... or even whipped topping with fat, go for it.

Posts: 80 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
If you look or ask around, you'll find a lot of the stuff you love to eat can be made at home, probably pretty cheaply.

Imagine my delight when, a few months ago, I discovered how easy it was to make homemade pizza, including dough and sauce, from scratch.

Homemade hamburger helper is another favorite of mine, and knockoffs of the various pasta/soup combos people have mentioned.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Griffin
Member # 7166

- posted      Profile for Griffin   Email Griffin         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you know how to make cookies?
Just take the dough and cook in oven.
To do it from scratch try a cook book.
I know there's a lot of good cook books out there..
But if you don't want to buy a cook book click here.

Griffin

Posts: 131 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Ramen noodles are gender indifferent and come in a variety of tangy flavors.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
But if you're looking to eat cheap, don't get into saffron rice and such. Oh saffron, I love you so. You're so yellow, but so expensive.

I'm trying to think of some of the other things I make that are cheap and easy. Part of my problem is that I rarely cook using any quantity constraints besides "This looks/smells like it'll work." Consequently, I'm a horrible baker.

Chop green peppers, onions, and celery. Saute it in butter or oil. You've got the holy trinity of cajun cooking. Throw just about anything in that and it'll taste great. Add some garlic. Sprinkle it with salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, maybe some chili powder. Oh, it's so darn good. Maybe dice some chicken in there. You could add chicken broth and some hot sausage. And/or throw in a can of diced tomatoes. If you've got the patience of a saint, make yourself a roux.

You can play with sauces for pasta. Brown some ground meat or chicken before with diced garlic. Drain it and then mix the sauce in. Very different meal from the usual. You can also chop up stuff and throw it in, like peppers and onion, or mushrooms (my favoritve).

Or get yourself some Cubanelles or a mix of red, yellow, and green peppers. Saute them in oil with rosemary. Dice up either chicken and pork, brown it and add it.

Chicken breasts with sauteed mushrooms (I prefer using red wine for this, but butter works too) and swiss cheese is always nice.

Diced pork, onions, diced tomatoes, oregano, cinnamon, and raisins.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
And here I thought this was going to be a thread about single girls needing dates... [Razz] *shrugs* Not really sure why I thought that.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I do believe that you need to check out the Jatraquero Cookbook. And also Recipezaar-- where you can even search for meals for one or two that take less than fifteen minutes to make and use what you've got. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Chicken thighs (skinless, on bone or not depending on your preference) make great casseroles:

Throw them in a pot with some canned diced tomatoes, white wine (if you have any), and chopped bell peppers, onions and garlic. Add other vegies like leek, mushrooms, celery or carrots if you want.

Cook slowly for a few hours - yum. [Smile]

You might even be able to do that in a crock pot.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

I am a big fan also of various forms of quesadilla. Tuna being my favorite right now.

All you have to do is take a tortilla, put some kind of meat on it, sprinkle on some cheese and spices, put another tortilla on top of it, and stick it in the microwave for 1.5 minutes. It's great with salsa and sour cream.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
originally posted by Dr. Strangelove:
I recommend being very experimental and inventive. On the last steak I seasoned I noticed it was a bit salty ... So I dabbed on some chocolate syrup, and viola! Delectable.

Ummm . . . Dr. Strangefood ? [Razz]
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I eat a lot of salmon.

Preheat oven to 350. Salt and pepper to taste. Bread crumb the top. Bake for twenty-five minutes. Serve with soy sauce.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Pffft. Set oven to Broil. Brush top of salmon with orange marmalade. Broil 15 - 20 minutes. Citrus glazed salmon! Delicious.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Ttthhhpt. Spread top of salmon with mayo. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and top with breadcrumbs and then parmesan cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven 25 to 30 mins., uncovered. [Razz]

That, or mix lime juice, dill, and mayo, thwop salmon in it, and then pan-grill in a non-stick skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat until half done, flip, and cook until fully done, "basting" with the mayo mix as needed.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Lessee, mayo, added salt, breadcrumbs, and cheese. Mine sounds quite a bit healthier, you know? And it really is remarkably good.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, were we going for "healthy"? I thought we were going for "sinfully delicious." [Evil]
ElJay
Member # 6358

Well, since mayo on salmon sounds really gross to me. . . [Razz]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

ElJay, it did to me, too-- until I ate it.

Best thing ever to happen to fish.

Celaeno
Member # 8562

I thought I posted this already, but maybe not.

How about...

Salmon, thin layer of mayo, layer of nori, another thin layer of mayo, furikake. Bake.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Cook slowly for a few hours - yum.

You might even be able to do that in a crock pot.

I'm not sure a crock pot can do anything else.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jh
Member # 7727

- posted      Profile for jh   Email jh         Edit/Delete Post 
Lomi Lomi Salmon - salmon, tomato, and onion.

That's the best way.

Posts: 155 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget your fresh vegies and fresh fruit.

Make a big 'ole green salad and eat off of that all week long.

Keep apples and bananas handy for a quick snack when you come in the door - it'll help you make it to the actual meal.

And just remember, a nutritious meal doesn't have to be cooked:

whole wheat roll (butter optional)
slice of cheese
carrot sticks and celery sticks
apple slices
hard boiled egg

VOILA! A meal fit for a Queen. Add a glass of water with a slice of lemon (or for those that desire, a glass of wine) while listening to some soothing music.

*smile*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Peanut butter and broccoli. Cheap. Embarrassingly nutricious.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Shan, if I'm not mistaken, a hard-boiled egg is cooked. [Razz]
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have a good recipe for pizza sauce without tomatoes? I hate tomatoes. But I like pizza. I'd love to be able to use my mother's recipe for home-made pizza, only without the yucky tomato sauce.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

You could make it with chicken and alfredo sauce.

-pH

Celaeno
Member # 8562

You could try a basic white sauce on pizza. It's pretty tasty.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Papa Johns makes Alfredo pizzas, and they're DELICIOUS.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(Or, you could go traditional and just put on cheese and a veggie of your choice, or onions and garlic and oil.)
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
KoM, I have found a caramelized onion base works beautifully on home-made pizzas.

I usually do the base with asparagus, blue cheese and fresh mozzarella or roasted pumpkin (pre-roasted with a splash of good balsamic vinegar) and goats cheese. Both are delicious.

quote:
I'm not sure a crock pot can do anything else
I know.
I don't have a crock pot, that's all. So I do mine in the oven.

I'm tired. Leave me alone. [Razz] [Wink]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I love my crock pot...I make soups, casseroles, the meat options (roasts, turkey, pork...whatever always come out moist and delicious) but I have 5 people to feed...so unless you have a large freezer that you don't have to share with roommates, a crock pot might not be the answer (unless you are cooking for neighbors). Smaller ammounts tend to dry out and obviously cook more quickly.

My favorite is chicken noodle soup:

2 chicken breasts (I throw them in frozen)
chicken broth
cut up carrots, celery and onion
bay leaf and red pepper flakes

Let that cook for 4-5 hours, take the chicken out and shred/cut up, put back in. Add dry package of noodles (or break up spaghetti), cover and let it go for another hour. Remove bay leaf and wah-lah homemade chicken noodle soup.

Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. Maybe I should ask for a crockpot for the next gift giving event? I had one in Canada, but that was a long time ago...

You could also check out my recipes. I'm working on adding more at the moment, and I've got a frikkin' huge database, so I'm also open to requests for adding to my website. And I've got a GREAT brownie recipe - Fahim approved. [Big Grin]

I'll second kq's recipezaar recommendation. I go there frequently and am usually happy with what I get. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

I don't either, so I wasn't entirely sure.

KoM,
I also like BBQ chicken pizza, with a barbeque sauce base. But don't be afraid to experiment.

Walker
Member # 8866

- posted      Profile for Walker   Email Walker         Edit/Delete Post 
<---- is writing this all down for his kitchen... [Smile]
Posts: 17 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Ramen.

Nectar of the gods...

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
oops failed to mention, the recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup is for the crock pot but you can do it on the stove top too, the cooking time will be a lot less.
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
KOM - pesto makes a good substitute for tomatoey sauces on pizza. Another good "sauceless" pizza is to spread the crust with olive oil, and top with mushrooms, jalapenos, artichoke hearts, pineapple, sliced tomatoes and mozzerella cheese. It sounds weird, but it's delicious.

And putting mayonaisse on salmon is absolute blasphemy! <vomiting smiley>

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
And putting mayonaisse on salmon is absolute blasphemy!
No. Using mayo other than Hellman's/Best Foods is blasphemy. Miracle Whip is blasphemy. Mayo on salmon is deliciousness.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.