FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What is "Santa" getting you this year?

Author Topic: What is "Santa" getting you this year?
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
Basically, what are you getting for yourself, or if you know already, what your spouse is getting for u? What is that one thing at the top of the list in that letter that u sent to santa?

For me, the top of my list is some new clothes and a new pair of shoes. i have so few warm winter clothes. A close runner-up is a new video/computer game i can get lost in when i come home from working a ton this holiday season and need something to help me unwind. I know im getting a pair of fleece slippers from my girlfriend, and a giftcard to Gap from my sister.

And, if i can make enough money this holiday break to afford this after i buy gifts for people, i want to buy myself a new desktop computer. my current one hasnt worked for about 6 months... which might be the reason why ive done so well this semester at college.

Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
...Why is Santa in quotes?
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea what I'm getting. No, wait - my baby brother is getting me a crepe maker, which I am very excited about. I know that Matt got me something, but I don't know what it is. [Smile] Beyond that, I'm not what I'm getting, if anything. That's okay. I'm not expecting anything.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't usually ask for anything. I did make some comments about small crockpots last month, when I almost bought one, so it's possible my parents will choose one for me, or give me money for one. My SIL always gives Christmas decorations--usually really BIG ones. Usually difficult for me to carry home from Texas.

I am getting myself a calendar, made by Mackillian. http://www.lulu.com/content/187991 and bought some of her holiday cards for Christmas cards this year. http://www.cafepress.com/madowl Take a look. [Smile]

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Beyond that, I'm not what I'm getting
O_O

I hope not!

[Wink]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*laugh* I don't know, an extra me would be handy to have around. I could send her to work and make her do homework while I watch Buffy, paint, and travel.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
To truly enjoy the season, do not ask for what you want, but want and enjoy what you get.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
"Santa" got me the 2006 Cross Stitch Calendar - this year it comes complete with fabrics (Aida, ugh, but I have lots of Jobelan to replace it) and mats. We'll see how the projects stitch up. "He" also got me a pair of amethyst and silver earrings and matching necklace.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea.

I haven't asked anyone for anything, I never do, I'm usually happy with what I get no matter what. I'd be a liar if I said there haven't been some gifts that have made me extra happy though, you can always tell when someone's put thought into your gift [Big Grin]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
To truly enjoy the season, do not ask for what you want, but want and enjoy what you get.
I really can't agree with that, because if I don't tell anyone what I'd like, I know there will be lots of head scratching and being unhappy at not feeling able to guess what would please me.
So I give ideas and add I love surprises, that way everyone is happy [Smile]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
His Savageness
Member # 7428

- posted      Profile for His Savageness   Email His Savageness         Edit/Delete Post 
Some new shoes and some boardgames if I've been extra good. [Big Grin]
Posts: 194 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
First, I have a 5 year old who knows what my wife is getting me. That means that I should know shortly (with in minutes if I asked, days if I avoid listening to him on this subject.)

Second, Anna. There is no problem hinting or telling others what you would like to get, but too often we feel upset when those loved ones ignore our hints, screams, direct pointing, and give us something else.

Besides, there is the destiny factor.

Right now you have a bunch of stuff, and you know what stuff you would get yourself. Fine.

But at Christmas time God, Fate, Destiny, or pure chance is going to put in your hands that you would never have considered. Now you can deny this fate, this detined item, and be upset, or you can percieve each such gift as a chance to explore something you've never considered.

One year my wife got me a pair of stone book ends carved like dragons. I would never have considered something like that as a gift. Today they are the bookends that surround my "collectable" (100year old/classic/leather bound) books. One is named Magi, the other Logi. Between the two I find wisdom.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm SOO getting the Angel Cage and Lost Angel Artbooks for me!!!
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I know I'm getting Serenity and Firefly dvd set. Its at the top of my list. My school work load keeps me busy so I never get to really watch my favorite shows. I'm looking to get Scrubs and Queer as Folk on dvd so that I can watch some good shows during the random breaks I get in my day.

Other than that, I'm hoping for warm clothes. PJ pants, scarves, thick socks to keep me comfortable in my very cold house.

My boyfriend keeps begging me to make him a list but I'd rather he surprise me. Poor boy is all stressed now. Sometimes it is best to let people know what you want so they can get it for you and feel proud.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.