FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » HELP! I need B-day gift suggestions

Author Topic: HELP! I need B-day gift suggestions
Sergeant
Member # 8749

- posted      Profile for Sergeant   Email Sergeant         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife's B-day is in a couple of days and I need some suggestions.

She isn't really into jewelry and because we have a new baby she doesn't read as much as she normally does (She's got several books in the Queue) cause the baby wants attention.

Any suggestions?

Sergeant

Posts: 278 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
How about a gift certificate for a massage/ to her stylist/ money to go shopping? Flowers? Make dinner for her?

Hard to say without knowing her but those are some suggestions. How about with the new baby---just give her a NAP!

Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
A rocking chair. To relax in. To rock and feed the baby in. To ease her sore back.

Draperies. OK. Maybe she doesn't want draperies, but I was thinking of what I would like, and I would like draperies. Keep that nasty old sunlight out of the house.

Or, you could bring her a ... shrubbery!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boogashaga
Member # 8881

- posted      Profile for boogashaga   Email boogashaga         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Sarge--Listen, kid. EVERY woman is into jewelery. They may say that they aren't. They may say it's too expensive. They may say they don't have anywhere to wear it. They may say they don't have to go with it. They may say it makes them look fat. They may say that they aren't a jewelery type of girl. They may say ANYTHING. But they all appreciate it when you purchase them some bling-bling.

If not, there will always be scarves.

(HINT: go with the bling.)

Posts: 101 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boogashaga
Member # 8881

- posted      Profile for boogashaga   Email boogashaga         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Sarge--Listen, kid. EVERY woman is into jewelery. They may say that they aren't. They may say it's too expensive. They may say they don't have anywhere to wear it. They may say they don't have to go with it. They may say it makes them look fat. They may say that they aren't a jewelery type of girl. They may say ANYTHING. But they all appreciate it when you purchase them some bling-bling.

If not, there will always be scarves.

(HINT: go with the bling.)

Posts: 101 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RackhamsRazor
Member # 5254

- posted      Profile for RackhamsRazor   Email RackhamsRazor         Edit/Delete Post 
Find a good babysitter and take her out to a nice relaxing day. Get her a gift certificate to go shopping or a nice day spa type thing and then take her out to a wonderful romantic dinner.
Posts: 306 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not into jewelry, and I happen to be a woman. [Wink] Seriously, I never wear it and then get all sad when I see jewels all alone in their little box.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Hey Sarge--Listen, kid. EVERY woman is into jewelery.

Nope. This just isn't true.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
My mother also dislikes jewelry. I have never seen her wear any jewelry of any kind. The only jewelry she owns is her wedding ring, which I have never, ever seen her wear. She also used to own a necklace that she didn't wear, but she gave it to me.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
I am not into jewelry but I do love the necklace my hubby gave me for my birthday just after my daughter was born. It is just a simple drop with her birthstone. You could do that in silver or gold without spending a fortune.

Have you asked her what she'd like?

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sergeant
Member # 8749

- posted      Profile for Sergeant   Email Sergeant         Edit/Delete Post 
I almost forgot that her B-day was upcoming and made the mistake of expressing that. I think I'm on my own to pick something to get me back in her good graces [Smile] Really not that bad but I don't think she is going to give me any ideas.

Sergeant

Posts: 278 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
I got myself a backpacking tent for my wife's birthday. That was a bad idea. I do not recommend it.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a mother of one child and I find myself with only one pair of jeans without any holes in them. I remember my mom always having holes in her jeans too...
I would recommend a gift certificate for your wife to go buy jeans. [Smile]

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Me too unicornwhisperer!
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.