FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My First iPod: What should I engrave on it?

Author Topic: My First iPod: What should I engrave on it?
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, after much consideration I thought it was time to finally get an iPod. I'm getting the 60 GB one that plays videos. I'm looking for ideas of a good saying to engrave on the back. So far I've thought of:

"I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell."- one of my favorite quotes from a song.

"What would you do if I sang out of tune."- I'll be singing to myself while listening, and probably out of tune so I thought this might work.

Those are just a couple of the thoughts off my list. If you have any good ones, post them here.

?

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
"Sucker."

[Wink]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
"Property of Noemon"
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"Pithy sentiment costs extra."
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
"Dude, I'm getting a Dell"
Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to avoid scratches, it's going to be in a case almost all the time. As such, I don't think engraving is necessary.

On the other hand, I bought both of my iPods used.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
"Property of <yourname>"

I would think the things are pretty often stolen. Would help identify it as yours if someone was busted with it.

"If found, return to <your name, address, phone number>"

Since the suckers are small enough that they could get lost easily.

But, I think the best possible thing to engrave:
"This is not an iPod."

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
If you engrave it with your address and it gets stolen, you've given criminals the location of a residence that presumably contains some valuable consumer electronics. [Wink]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desta
Member # 8777

- posted      Profile for desta   Email desta         Edit/Delete Post 
I chose not to get mine engraved for the simple fact that, if I ever wanted to get rid of it, I'd have a considerably harder time getting rid of it.
Posts: 22 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't engrave mine because I didn't think there was any advantage to it.

It's so scratched now it wouldn't be visible anyway.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sm34rZ
Member # 8609

- posted      Profile for Sm34rZ           Edit/Delete Post 
"my other iPod is a nano"
Posts: 113 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
"The One iPod to Play Them All"
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what's horribly sad? The fact that up until very recently my computer hard drive was smaller than this ipod.

O.o

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hyperfried
Member # 7892

- posted      Profile for Hyperfried           Edit/Delete Post 
"Your face just exploded."
"Property of Bill Gates...
For three more seconds."
"He so PRECISE, he piss on
an iPod and never splash."

Posts: 53 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
"Defying Gravity"
"The enemy's gate is down"

Actually, it's my mission to get a green iPod with the Wicked logo and "Defying Gravity" engraved on it.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar!"
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

"All your iPod are belong to us."

Alternately..

"All your mp3 are belong to us."

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
No. No. No "all your base" jokes.

Serenity jokes, however, are awesome.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

No "all your base jokes"?

Alright:

"Illegal Downloaders go to the Special Hell."

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
If you are a Mac user, you may wish to engrave 'Turn over to operate' on the backside.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
?
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Swing and a miss on the funny, I guess.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I thought it was amusing.
TheTick
Member # 2883

I should've followed it with a 'j/k [Wink] ' of course.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
"If found drop in any mailbox. Return postage guaranteed"

"Who said you could read the back of my iPod?"

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the ideas. A few others I heard were:

"Goonies never say die."

"My precious."

"Don't Panic"

"Limited Edition: 3 out of 250"- incase I ever sell it. heh

I might just take twinky's advice and not get anything on it. I didn't think about it being in a case all the time.

?

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't there a whole website about this?

My favorite:

Thou shalt not steal

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Presences
Member # 8492

- posted      Profile for Presences           Edit/Delete Post 
How about engraving your phone number and 'Thou shalt not steal' for when you LOOSE THE STUPID THING!

Ha, ha. Just wanted to give you a hard time for losing your pod little bro.

Posts: 82 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
I would put your name on it, cuz where I live iPods get jacked like all the time.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I like either "My Precious" or "Don't Panic" myself. Also good:
"Inconceivable!"
"Anybody want a peanut?"

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Haha I love all of these suggestions.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd put something like "I compensate with an H2", but that might be too long.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
I had my brand new 60 gig (when 60 was brand new) engraved with "This is how God must feel when he's holding a gun."

Ippy and I had some great times, until someone recently stoles my precious. I've been checking eBay for one with that engraving, beyond that there's not much I can do about it. [Frown]

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
"iPod now with cream filling!"
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Bumping a one-year-old thread just to gloat over his misfortune.

Brotherly love is AWESOME! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Woah, I didn't even notice this thread was old. Man.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
While it's true that it's harder to get rid of if it has your name on it, you can definitely engrave something not so personal... mine says "'Without music, life would be a mistake.' -Nietzsche"

[Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
"will only play Jethro Tull" because it might act as deterrent to would-be thieves (if they're not too smart). Plus it's a lovely reference to a recent WAY song. And most importantly: everything looks better if it has the words Jethro Tull on it somewhere. [Wink]
Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anshi
Member # 9643

- posted      Profile for Anshi   Email Anshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously it's got to be:

"Cover your butt. Bernard is watching. -God"

[Razz]

Posts: 32 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.