FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Brothers die minutes apart in separate car crashes (Warning, disturbing material)

Author Topic: Brothers die minutes apart in separate car crashes (Warning, disturbing material)
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Parent's worst nightmare

I can't imagine how my mom would react if this happened to my brother and I. And for the dad to actually be at the scene...

[ December 08, 2005, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Lyrhawn ]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
That is so sad. I remember watching a show recently where they were re-telling a story of a woman working as a 911 dispatcher who took a call about a horrible accident involving the death of all the people in the car only to have her supervisor walk in the next minute and tell her that accident involved her daughter. Soooo sad. [Frown]
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

My mom's cousin was working in the ER of a local hospital when her son was brought in with a gunshot wound, he later died.

She's one of the nicest, best people I know too. It's amazing what people can live through and still function.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my god... I'm about to cry. Literally. I feel nauseous and want to throw up. That's one of the most horrendous stories I have ever heard.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I actually wish I hadn't read that...
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
My mom read this, and was talking with her friend on the phone, so she mentioned it in talk about sad things conversation, and the friend googled it, and looked, the boy pictured stopped when they were in that area and their car died, in November. Small sad world.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That's so sad.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'll pass on reading the link.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Crud.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Does anyone know if there's a way to send a card or something? I haven't stopped thinking about this since I read it, and thinking how absolutely nightmarish it must be for the father. I have never felt for someone this strongly before... I wish I could do something.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
It gives the father's name and the town. If you mail it by the USPS, look up the zipcode of the town, and put his name on it, it will get to him. You can also address it in care of the sheriff's office, which address should be listed.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Thanks.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Can you post that information on this thread? someone else might want to send some sort of sympathy card as well.
Raia
Member # 4700

I also googled the guy and got this:
Andy McDowell
c/o Warren County Sherrif's Dept.
429 E. 10th St.
Bowling Green, KY 42101

Do you think that would go through?

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Having been to Bowling Green, KY, yeah I honestly do.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

I hope that's the right guy.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That'll work just fine.
BGgurl
Member # 8541

- posted      Profile for BGgurl   Email BGgurl         Edit/Delete Post 
No parent should have to go through that [Frown]
I'll be sending him a card.

Posts: 106 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.