FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Laughter

Author Topic: Laughter
sillygoose
Member # 1616

- posted      Profile for sillygoose   Email sillygoose         Edit/Delete Post 
Why is it that you can never just laugh to laugh? It seems there always has to be a reason. Earlier today I was in a good mood, not really thinking about anything particular, and started to laugh. My sister was kind of annoyed and asked what I was laughing about. I told her nothing, and that didn't really help her annoyance. Has anyone else noticed that there always has to be a reason for laughter, or is it just me?
Posts: 169 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sillygoose:
Why is it that you can never just laugh to laugh?

Because you are normal. Laughing, crying, rage, etc. without appropriate cause is not normal.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
I kind of start worrying about people who laugh for no reason whatsoever...

I can think about something and laugh, usually something involving the Simpsons...

Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, your experience seems to show that there does not always have to be a reason for laughter.

But I suspect that your sister was concerned that you were laughing at her, and that is why you wouldn't tell her. Hence the annoyance.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, maybe you're laughing just because you're happy. I do that sometimes.
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.