FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Not *Quite* Done, Not *Quite* Donne Either... But Gone Nevertheless

Author Topic: Not *Quite* Done, Not *Quite* Donne Either... But Gone Nevertheless
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey:

Recently, as in since mid-October, I've been acting differently. I started annoying people, being inflammatory, self-defending, arrogant, inflamatory and an extremely unpleasant person to talk to on Hatrack.

Where in the past I worked to get better, in these months I've failed time after time. It's not that I'm particularly distorted or out of social shape; it's not that Hatrack's any wrong. I simply need a break.

Unlike pfresh85, though, I'm not quite leaving. I'm occasionally participating in activities and threads. I'm not lurking, though, and I don't look at many threads. Two of my five Home Tabs in Firefox are the two Hatrack River Forums; that's how I came to participate in the Gift Exchange programme. I occasionally give a gaze, but mostly I'm simple off the forum, letting myself and the whole of you fantastic lot have a break from this flammable period of time.

I'm not stealing thunder, nor am I imitating pfresh85, it's simply that I was inspired to make a little announcement of my own as to why I am here and there on queer threads.

This is just to say that I've consumed the knowledge that's in this forum, and which you were probably saving for less heated conversations. Forgive me.

I'm now focusing more on my poetry, none of which you lads have seen in a while (I post part of my stuff as "jmas" on deviantART), but I assure you it's improving. (Tom - as one of those credited high up on the list of the people I thank on my to-be-a-book file, you must be feeling a little happy that I'm getting better, no? And still I wonder how your small head carries all you have ever learned! - Bonus points to those who locate the origin. [Razz] ) Basically, lack of time, more school and some things on mind are derailing me from Hatrack.

If any of you want to talk, babble, ask questions or whatever, you know my e-mail (it's in my profile), and you're also welcome to MSN-IM me at jonnymaster5700 AT msn DOT com. I don't use ICQ or AIM no more.

I'll be here, in and out. Someday I will probably rturn. But my initial spell of 2,500+ posts is enough for me now. If Brett Lee gets tired after 25 alterate overs, and if Shane Warne doesn't last 40 so easily without shoulder-pains, I guess I can give it a break after a year.

It's been two weird months, but I'm adjusting to RL by now. [Smile]

Oh, and Verily - I'm sorry for doing what I did, earning life contept from you. As for all the rest - I guess we're on pretty good terms, no?

Also, KoM - as one of the smarter guys here, I'd recommend moderation on almost all your posts. While I agree with you on almost everything, and while I admire your witticisms, I can understand why some people here are offended by you. That's not to say I'm any better, but I expect you to have higher standards than me!

Tante - post less. As for Lisa, Rivka and you - you might be glad to know I still have remnants of religion in me. I read and do Hazzanut whenever I can.

OSC - thanks for this place. I hope you liked my 10-day-in-advance birthday thread.

Bob - keep on being funny.

SteveRogers, aka Mike - you still won't pass my post count. [Razz]

All the rest - just keep being you. Your unique uniqueness (as well as those from the list above) blends into a collective gem of a place. Don't change it.

---

Unrelated issue, and just because of my title: what's the difference between nonethless and nevertheless, anyway?

---

See y'(all?), fellows, and don't let this be a thunder-thief! I doubt I'll even check this thread again for another month or so, anyway... Whatever the situation, I'm racking off now and after a shower I'm off to hit the deck. Tomorrow I might write Annie again. If I have time, that is.

Jonathan

P.S. No time or energy to grammar/spell-proof this. Let's just say that when my English teacher blurted a "was" after an "if" I coughed out loud "subjunctive!" and he corected himself. I expect a higher grade from him, as I only got 95%. [Frown]

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Jon,
I've missed you here ever since you disappeared after your "I Hate My Bible Teacher" Thread. I was afraid that you got your feelings hurt and were off sulking somewhere.

I always enjoy your posts, and I like hearing from you. Be well, and I hope to hear more from you in the future.
quote:
Tante - post less.
But why? If it bothers people to read so many of my posts, well, then, they can just NOT read them.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
How is that poossible??? You're in every thread! [Taunt]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Bob - keep on being funny.
I don't think I can do it on command.

[Wink]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.