FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » US Mint Announces 2009 Penny Redesign (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: US Mint Announces 2009 Penny Redesign
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
Why bump a thread that's three years old, with a dead link in the first post? This could easily have been it's own new one.
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack's grand tradition of keeping like minded subjects in the same thread without starting new threads? I guess I could have just edited the first post, but I thought that'd only make things more confusing.

Sorry.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:
What, doesn't "Less is More" apply here? [Wink]

I think they should rank the size of your coin by years spent in office. FDR will get a coin the size of a small tire, and WHH will get little ziplock bags of zinc dust.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
... I'm positive they use the coloring method in the UK, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Australia, Thailand, and China. It honestly makes alot of sense.

I love the Hong Kong money, issued by three separate colonial era banks along with some government issued coins. Its so much fun.

In terms of usability, I also love how there is no tax and no tipping in both China and Hong Kong. Makes it so easy to calculate what your bill will be everywhere and its also easier to get exact change.

The only usability annoyance that bothers me is the lack of bills greater than 100 yuan (~15 dollars) on the mainland, makes it a bit of a pain when paying for hotels, flights, and the like.

As for Canadian money, its pretty much the same as American money except that we have colour wheras you have ... something not entirely unlike coffee stains.

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Mucus: Indeed! I think very soon we will see $500 yuan and $1000 yuan notes.

I've actually forgotten what it's like to not have a sales tax or tips. This is definitely a sign that I need to make a trip back to land of prices that only fluctuate because you and the store owner come to an accord.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.