FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Oh dear . .. oh dear . .. how do you do a landmark?

Author Topic: Oh dear . .. oh dear . .. how do you do a landmark?
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
This is pot number 980 for me. Which means 20 posts to landmark. I've already done one strange little half-landmark, to commemorate the Young Writers' Workshop going down, but I don't really know how a real one works and what's supposed to be in it. Help!
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
At least I can postpone it for a while with an old screen name revived.
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Write about your feelings. Something that's going on in your life, something you experienced as a child, anything that gives us insight into who and where you are. At least, those are the kinds I enjoy reading. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Or try something new, I did an interview, and that'd be awesome for you, I'm willing to interview you.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm slowly getting to that point myself. I'm planning on writing about how my wife and I met and fell in love. It's partly for my own selfish reasons (I want it written out and haven't ever done it) and partly to answer a long forgotten thread about first kisses.
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Or, you know, if you don't have anything you feel like writting about you don't have to do one. They are not required. And certainly aren't something you need to stress about the "right" way to do.

Not to discourage you if you want to do one. But if you're worried about what's "supposed" to be in one, maybe you should just wait and write one when you know what you want to write about.

<--still waiting.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

Oh, I do want to do one. It's just my nature to panic or stress.
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Then talk about panic and stress. [Smile]

Really, what you do in a landmark post is up to you. There is nothing set in stone about how it has to be done.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote about my hair in mine.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
<--has never done a landmark
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
kojabu, I remember your landmark! It was fun! But then, I can so identify...

I tried doing a landmark once, but it was ignored. [Frown] I don't do them anymore.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
If you haven't already done so, I suggest looking through the old landmarks. Discover which types you find interesting and maybe use that as a source for ideas. Good Luck! [Smile]
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
The thing to remember with a ladnmark is that it doesn't do anything, that's the beauty of it.
*ducks and runs*
BTW, quid "no answer" does not mean no one reads it - some people hesitate to answer only to say "congrats on your landmark" so if they don't have anything else to say they don't answer.
Just saying.

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Yeah, maybe. But it didn't feel great.
Parsimony
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for Parsimony           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a landmark planned for approximately 2007. That will be 5 years after I joined the forum, although the landmark will have nothing to do with my post count or how long I've been on Hatrack. I am just strange that way.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 367 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote one at 1000, but I haven't really had anything to say since then.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

I'm wondering if I should just do an addendum to my last landmark.

~Joldo avoiding his landmark [Big Grin]

kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by quidscribis:
kojabu, I remember your landmark! It was fun! But then, I can so identify...

I tried doing a landmark once, but it was ignored. [Frown] I don't do them anymore.

Thankee! That was something I was kind of concerned about too, and you can't see the view count on this forum like you can on other forums, but when you've got something you want to express, it's better to get it out there. Someone'll read it, people who don't have accounts, people who don't reply to lots of things (like me),etc.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.