FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pat sucks (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pat sucks
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, Ela is cool too. You're on the good list.

I totally forgot about the polar bear video. And Saruman was my best character ever, I deserved an Academy award for that one.

How are your kids? Mine are getting big. I'll be a daddy to a teenager next year. **sigh**

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pat:
Ok, Ela is cool too. You're on the good list.

[Cool]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
My oldest will be ten in June, and has been a bit of an Eeyore recently. The youngest, well, he hasn't destroyed the known universe yet, though not for lack of trying. He's only seven.

He was a BABY when I first posted to Hatrack. O_O

I refuse to admitthey will ever be teenagers. *fingers in ears, humming*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'll be a daddy to a teenager next year. **sigh**

Good luck. I will have a teenager in the house in less than two weeks. Of course, she's been ACTING like a teenager for at least 18 months already. [Razz]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought you might be ineterested in the fact that I had a dream last night where one of the characters was Pat/Satan (Pat was Satan). He kept bothering me and Beverly/Samantha Carter who worked at the Air Force base in Utah Valley, getting us to crash our hot air baloons and airplanes into the Wasatch Mountains.

[ February 07, 2007, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Thirdly, Olivet is still as cool as ever. The rest of you are still a bunch of internet geek/losers.

[Smile]

Oh, I see how it is. I used to think that we had something, Pat. Something special. But I guess I was wrong.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Pat is to Black Holes
as Chicken Wings are to Frank's.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Secondly, it's very nice to see that the level of sharp sarcasm is still at a nice, respectable level.
What a wordsmith you are!
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys all suck - I already HAVE a teenager in my house. She's 14. [Eek!]

Talking about college plans. Now that's a scary prospect - paying for college for four kids. :shudder:

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

quote:
Originally posted by David Bowles:
quote:
Secondly, it's very nice to see that the level of sharp sarcasm is still at a nice, respectable level.
What a wordsmith you are!
I missed you too, David. You're on the bad list.

And Jonathon.. you're on a higher plane, plain whatever.

And Porter, that's creepy. I'm not Satan.

I'm actually enjoying my time with Dallin. He's a good kid, is becoming an accomplished guitar player, gets good grades, has a great sense of humor and is a generally likeable kid.

But man does he have his moments.

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

[Cry]

Pat's ignoring me. I'm not even getting insulted.

[Cry]

And after all I've been through! You probably don't even know how sick I've been. You're truly heartless, Pat. You've ruined my day. I hope you're happy.

P.S. Welcome back. [Kiss]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

I'm not ignoring you, Belle. I just edited that last post mostly because of what you wrote.

I've actually been watching your posts from a distance and you've actually been on my mind a lot over the past two years. You went through/are going through my biggest fear in life -- cancer.

You see, both my parent died of cancer at an early age, and at 27 years old I had polyps removed that probably would have taken my life by now.

I didn't say anything to you at the time because we had a few blowups and I felt there were hard feelings there.

But I've been praying for you to get better. [Smile] Hopefully it worked.

Belle
Member # 2314

I guess cancer does help put things in perspective, because I honestly don't remember what we blew up about. Chemo messed with my memory anyway, it may be one of those random things deleted from my brain.

Past friendships and good times shared matter much more.

[Group Hug]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I'm actually enjoying my time with Dallin. He's a good kid, is becoming an accomplished guitar player, gets good grades, has a great sense of humor and is a generally likeable kid.

[Smile]

Good to see you, sugar.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

Hey there, CT! Miss me?
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, duh.

(I was thinking about you the other day. Serendipity!)

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
It's okay, Pat. You're on my pink list.
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Until he trips.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
First off, I am not back. I spent a lot of money in overcoming my Hatrack addiction with a 21-step program that included among other things, quitting the journalism world once and for all, then quitting two jobs in the space of a year, then moving to Arizona and starting my own company which brings all kinds of levels of stress, but at least allows me to not have to work for jerks anymore.

Is there something about working for the Deseret News that causes people to quit job after job before starting their own business? Are they spreading some sort of virus there that makes people unable to work for jerks?

If so, can you please spread it to the rest of us who are still working for jerks?

And what exactly is a 21 step program? Is this like a 13 step program for polygamists?

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

[ROFL]

Sounds like we have some friends in common, Rabbit.

I think it's the symptoms of a traditional newspaper world that is grinding to a halt and transforming into the internet. I graduated from J-school with flying credentials and big hopes to change the world. Then I was put in a desk, told to do my work, and if I was real lucky I could retire in 50 years like everyone else there making $60,000 a year.

It took me about 8 years to say thanks, but no thanks. The Deseret News is a great place to go and make some average money. I just had bigger dreams than that.

Starting a business is hard work unlike I've never experienced, but I absolutely love waking up in the morning and hitting it day after day. That's something that never happened before.

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
starting my own company which brings all kinds of levels of stress, but at least allows me to not have to work for jerks anymore.
You're STILL working for a jerk.

You're just deluding yourself.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

Yes, and I'm starting to hire people, so I'm just continuing the vicious cycle.

Hey Scott? Want a job?

Scott R
Member # 567

Yes.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

Hey, aren't you going to offer ME a job? After all I've done for you, too. Sheesh. Some friend you are...

:eats popcorn chicken sullenly:

Scott R
Member # 567

David's gettin' hisself some chicken...
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah the joy of being able to crush dreams at will... (of both teenagers and employees [Razz] )
Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you guys STILL talking about how much Pat sucks?
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Amka:

It a subject that just seems to draw people in.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I missed you too, Pat.

Hopefully a new sight and some longer range ammo will fix that . . .

-o-

You want telecommuters?

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I want a job, and I have a newly emerging teenager, AND I work in hell right now.

How much are you paying and when can I start?

*anxious smile*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Amka:

My goodness!

[Wave]

Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, lots of old Faces, I mean, Friends, in here. [Smile]
Hi all, it's good to be home.

We really all should talk, catch up and what not some time soon.

Pat, I can't believe your children are that old already. Time sure flies by fast. And your in Arizona now! -crazy-

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

Anyone willing to move to Prescott Valley Arizona has a shot, although, I'm not sure what I'd do with a middle-aged English professor who eats popcorn chicken and sells electronica records on Itunes, but I'm sure we could find a place for ya.

Zev? Are you done with the Mish? Shouldn't you be getting engaged or something? How was it? Wow. I'm getting old.

And Amka? Hey sweetie! How's that crazy Russian Husband of yours? And your crazy Halo playin kids?

And Joe? Oh wait, I've been hanging out with you at Galacticus already... [Wink]

*content sigh*

I'm so glad that I suck.

Scott R
Member # 567

:holds arsenic up to the monitor:

Suck away, Arizona-boy...

David Bowles
Member # 1021

quote:
middle-aged English professor
What are you, five? Middle-aged? Sheesh. I'm older'n you, that's for sure, but I'm barely gonna be 37! Haven't even reached my mid-life crisis yet!
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Until now . . .
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

Sorry buddy, but you're middle aged. And if you're selling music on itunes in hopes of becoming a rock star, you're also going through a mid-life crisis.

Just sayin.

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Pat doesn't have that problem...you have to have a life to have a mid-life crisis.

Wait...he quit Hatcrack for a while........

Never mind....

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Does that mean he had a life, or just that he went looking for one?

He did come back, after all.

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking forward to my midlife crisis, but I'm going to wait until the girls move out. I don't want them touching my Porsche.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.