FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The best thing SNL has come out with in a long time

Author Topic: The best thing SNL has come out with in a long time
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=oZOsgQC8qqM&search=narnia

Contains some censored language.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
I love this. Over the past couple of days, I have been hearing more and more quotes from this in random places. "Mr. Pibb + red vines = crazy delicious" [Big Grin]
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
CHECK YAHOO MAPS FOR THE DOPEST ROUTE!

I LIKE MAPQUEST! THAT'S A GOOD ONE, TOO!

GOOGLE MAPS IS THE BEST! TRUE THAT...DOUBLE TRUE.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Rolling! [ROFL]
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! That was just lovely!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the Robert Smigel cartoon in that same episode. "Christmas Time for the Jews"
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I am amused.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
DOUBLE TRUE!
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been cracking up about this for a couple of days and quoting it to everyone I know. It's definitely the funniest thing I've seen on SNL in a couple of years. So awesome.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

We're about to get tickets to a dream-world of magic!

oh man...

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mistaben
Member # 8721

- posted      Profile for mistaben           Edit/Delete Post 
That was so funny I sent the link to my brother.

That's my measure of hilarity.

Posts: 105 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 7850

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweetness, thanks for sharing it!
Posts: 231 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. That totally made my day.
Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Lol, nice.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

- posted      Profile for R. Ann Dryden   Email R. Ann Dryden         Edit/Delete Post 
I just wish it had subtitles. I don't know, maybe I'm getting deaf, but I could only understand about one word in three.
Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

Considering it's a rap, you should feel lucky you understood that much.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

The video of this skit is free on itunes, just to let everyone know.
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't watch much SNL anymore, myself. I was watching it last week because I heard Neil Young was the musical guest. And yes, this was the funniest thing on the show.

"You can call us Aaron Burr by the way we're dropping Hamiltons." I haven't laughed so hard at SNL in years as I did at that line. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I am apparently past the age where SNL is entertaining anymore, if this is the best thing they've come out with in a long time.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That was very funny.

It brought up a point that annoys me, though. But I'll save it for another thread.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
iTunes just made this available as a free download.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

Just for Lyrhawn ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=jEtmqwZtfPs&search=christmas%20for%20the%20jews

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes!!! TL you're my new favorite!

[Party]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

sweet....
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Hiring the guys from The Lonely Island (Link — Warning — Some Naughtiness) was about the best move SNL has made in a while.

Those guys are terrific. Raps like this are par for the course for them.

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I might be missing something. Maybe it's because I couldn't understand what they are saying most of the time. Why is this funny?
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like NBC's taking their ball and going home.

quote:
Don't go looking for the "Lazy Sunday" video from "Saturday Night Live" at YouTube.com any more -- it's Ghost like Swayze.

the clip has been downloaded over 5 million times at YouTube.com and has inspired a wave of knockoff videos and T-shirts. The clip became a hit download at Apple's iTunes music and video store. In short, "Lazy Sunday" gave SNL a quick burst of hipster credibility the show hasn't enjoyed much of lately.

This is where the lawyers come in. Earlier this week, NBC asked YouTube.com to take the video down. Web surfers wanting to see the clip yet again will have to go to NBC.com, where the network has posted a copy.

Bloggers -- the ones who made the video a hit in the first place -- are grumbling that "Lazy Sunday" now doesn't play on non-Windows computers. Fortunately, NBC's lawyers evidently don't know about Google Video yet. Whoops.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I love that clip. It makes me laugh every time.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcare
Member # 8736

- posted      Profile for sarcare   Email sarcare         Edit/Delete Post 
A fellow TA showed this clip to her students the day they discussed Aaron Burr's duel with Hamilton. They also disscussed the Cheney shooting.
Posts: 234 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.