FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Narnia Mafia -- a game!

Author Topic: Narnia Mafia -- a game!
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm modding my first proper Mafia game starting Monday. If you're familiar with mafia, you might be interested in the new twist to the rules I have come up with here.

Never Played Mafia? No Problem! Lemme just dig through for the old FAQ thread... here. Just disregard the Serial Killer--it has been decided that since Galactarians are a bunch of pansies, we're dispensing with it. [Smile]

Think it's fun? You're right! Come post a profile here. You know you want to.

I'm hoping to start the game on Monday to take advantage of my break from schoolin'.

In an effort to keep the thread alive, let's come up with interesting ways for characters from the Narniaverse to be disposed of. Ideas may or may not be used in the actual mafia game... [Wink]

So here's mine to start off -- Prince Corrin of Archenland gets his ear bitten off by a fierce boxing bear who fights dirty and talks with a lisp.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh! I want to play! I don't know if I can though, because I'm going to California next week. I'll check with Paul and see what he thinks. Don't want to miss Ashley's first modding!
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I could type hasenj's post nearly word for word and it would still apply to me (ok, so I'm not quite going to California, but I'll be less than a mile from the border).

How much time per day will it require? Will a few minutes in the evening be sufficient? I imagine it will vary a bit depending on what role the person has, so which one is the most demanding, timewise.

Also, the FAQ link above actually links to the new rules for the current game.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
At least a few minutes per day to vote or carry out tasks if there are any, as a minimum requirement for staying in the game. What takes time is digging for clues, pointing fingers, and having secret conversations with other players who may or may not be trustworthy. [Smile]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a question: Why don't we ever do Mafia here on Hatrack anymore?

I'd love to play, but I just really don't feel like adding another board to my regular checklist.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.