FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I got..... for xmas (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I got..... for xmas
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
I got an extremely comfy new armchair and flash cards, ages 7-9. [Big Grin] My grandma forgot to give them to me seven years ago, so she decided, why not now? Shall be donating those.
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband had gotten me an early present, a Wacom tablet to use with the computer instead of a mouse, because I was starting to get signs of repetitive stress injury in my wrists. After a few weeks of using it, my Christmas gift was strong, non-tingling wrists. [Smile]
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
aiua- are any of them times tables?
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot about my coworkers' gifts to me. I got an awesome Santa cookie jar, Dove chocolate, ornaments, and a pretty cool dishtowel.
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ambyr
Member # 7616

- posted      Profile for ambyr           Edit/Delete Post 
I got a hat, a scarf, a pair of gloves, three pairs of socks, a pair of potholders, a briefcase, a book, and a menorah.

It's funny, looking back, and realizing there were times when I would never have imagined a day when my most beloved present would be a nice warm set of wool socks.

Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Zeugma, what is a Wacom tablet? Is it one of those things that you write on with a pen?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
There's a World of Warcraft "trial version" which only lasts 10 days and can only reach level 20, however nothing else within the game is limited to you. The full version comes with 30 days free and can go up to any level I want as long as I spend whatever amount of time playing to reach that level. The 10 days thing comes with the full one inwhich you can give to another friend for ANOTHER free 30 days I think.

Hmm. Now I think I might have the trial version. Gr. Must investigate. But I also think it told me I have a 30 day free period to play and something to give to a friend. I want to go above level 20!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
If you bought your game from the store (or got it as a gift) it should be the full version. The trial version is free for 10 days and you download it off the net, whereas with the full retail version you install it from a disc and you get 30 days free and then you have to start paying a monthly fee or buy game cards every 60 days.
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle: Oh, I'm so glad! I worried that you might already have it or that it just plain didn't get there. I really did think of you the first time I sat down with the kids to watch it.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Yah yah, I checked and I have the full version. It comes with a card to give to a friend for 10 days.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
yup yup. The full versions 30 day trial can go above level 20, its the one for your friend that cant go higher.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
I got clothes! Considering how much I hate shopping for clothes, it's the best present of all!
Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Romanylass: Nope, sorry. They're random facts about America that I should know, but don't.
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Battle field 2? Dude, we got to hook up. Next time I plan on playing, I'll post something.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, kojabu, if you're greedy (and thousands of miles from anyone you know) like me, you can use the trial card for yourself, and then after the ten days free, upgrade to your full version which gives you another 30 days free, thus making 40 free days to begin with.
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

or use a friends 10 days free then upgrade thus saving you that 10 days for some1 special like your girlfriend who'll murder you otherwise.

T_Smith, you got xfire? Blayne.bradley@gmail.com, search for it in xfire and add whatever is some varient of dwr + vassili + zaitsev

Once we're both on, I'll give you a teamspeak IP if you got a mike.

Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
kojabu, yes, it's an alternative to a mouse. They're usually used in addition to a mouse, for when you need to draw something in the computer, but they're becoming more and more popular in the 3D animation industry as a mouse replacement, since we often need to draw anyhow, and the mouse puts a lot of strain on the wrist. The pen and tablet is less likely to cause stuff like carpal tunnel, since it's a more natural position for your wrist to be in, and on the bigger tablets, requires some whole-arm movement. [Smile]
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't have xfire, but I will look into it. I am familiar with Team Speak, and I do have a mic. I don't have special forces, yet, but I expect I shall get it in the near future.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

quote:
Originally posted by Astaril:
Also, kojabu, if you're greedy (and thousands of miles from anyone you know) like me, you can use the trial card for yourself, and then after the ten days free, upgrade to your full version which gives you another 30 days free, thus making 40 free days to begin with.

Intriguing. Very very intriguing.

*tents fingers*

pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to add a belated Christmas present.

But I'm afraid I'll jinx it, so I probably won't post anything until I get up to New Orleans.

It is, hands-down, the most ridiculous gift one could ever receive. And it is gorgeous.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

add em to msn, sid_meier@hotmail.com.

209.67.216.46:8768 is the ts server i use, my clan is DwR or Death Without Remorse. They have a MoH:AA, BF2, CSS, Cod, Cod:uo, and Cod2 + etc.

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I got an embarassment of riches, which was delightful. The highlights are as follows:

- SIGNED COPY OF TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD (!!), from Matt. [Smile]
- black cashmere sweater and light lavender pearl necklace, bracelet, and earrings, from my dad
- Sense and Sensibility, cozy down blanket, I Capture the Castle (book), and chocolate and lotion, from Matt's parents
- money from Grandparents
- The Pleasure of My Company, from a friend [Smile]
- large wall hanging, from brother
- crepe maker, from baby brother
- coasters and a children's book, from Molly
- delicious chocolates, from romanylass

Coccinelle and I haven't exchanged gifts yet. <oops> I know what I want to get her, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. This is getting sort of sad - I'm so sorry. *hides in embarassment* Actually, I think I give up. Time to find it on the internet. All hail internet!

[ January 03, 2006, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a stocking! I haven't had a stocking in years, but Rob's lovely parents did one for me and one for Rob. We didn't even put them out - they just turned up outside our door on Christmas morning! In my stocking I got: lovely fluffy socks, fair trade dark chocolate, and some of those plastic food bag clips, as well as the usual tangerine. I also got: a paper trimmer from Rob, a handmade soap and coconut shell soap dish from Rob's sister, who brought it back from Thailand, a microfleece and a goldfinch feeder from Rob's parents and home made chocolates from Rob's brother and sister-in-law. I wasn't expecting anything really, so I was very excited by all the presents. I think Rob's family liked the gifts that we got for them as well [Smile] .
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
I got lots of neat stuff:

• Characters and Viewpoint, by Orson Scott Card (from my husband)
  • a new digital camera, HP Photosmart E317 and a case (from my mom)
  • a 3-gallon stainless-steel stock pot (from my dad)
  • an Encyclopedia of Needlework (from one brother)
  • a battery charger, AA and AAA with four AA batteries included (from my other brother)
  • a box of Ferrero Rocher hazelnut chocolates (from my mom)
  • money from my husband's parents, with which we will buy a 23-qt Presto pressure canner, 2-qt and 3-qt copper-bottom pans, and other stuff to be determined.
  • Serenity dvd, which technically I bought for my husband, but it was really for both of us.

Although it wasn't actually for Christmas, my mom also got me some really good coffee that's amaretto flavored. Yum!

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
since i recently became a diabetic, my parents are usually trying to help me find good low carb foods for me to keep in the house. that said, i thought it was a lil cheap to open up a gift at xmas and have it be 3 packs of beef sticks...
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.