FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » JK to start on the final book

Author Topic: JK to start on the final book
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah!! [The Wave]
Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't she start on book six in January of 04, and announce the date in December of 04, so it came out in July of 05, can we hope for some similar timelines here? Yay
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Its almost over, yes!
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
There are news reports that somebody is starting to write a book?

Wow. Just wow.

edit: Nope, it's not that she's starting it. It's that she's saying that she'll start it.

I am even more dumbfounded.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

That is somewhat amazing. I guess there aren't anymore basketball players being sued for rape or whatever.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to announce here, exclusively on Hatrack, that I am planning on announcing the start of my next novel sometime in the future.

No need to thank me for letting you guys be the first to hear.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

<edited for sounding ruder than originally intended because it was originally intended not to be rude at all>
SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
She would have to have the plot basically worked out. It would be hard to finish book 6 the way she did without a pretty good idea of how it works out. Maybe it won't take as long to write.

Of course they will try to time it so it doesn't come out at the same time as the next movie. They've got to keep HP in the public eye.

Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Maybe it'll be in July. That is when the fifth one came out, though I don't like the fifth one. My birthday is in July.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
The fifth came out in June, the Sixth in July.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Whatever. They're right next to each other, those months.
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
You people know what months the various Harry Potter books came out in? Wow.

Well, I can tell you when the LOTR movies were released: December, December, December. So I guess I'm somewhat obsessive about some things as well! ;-)

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought all the books were released in July to coincide with Harry's birthday LOL Shows how much I know?
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I tend to avoid getting TO obsessed with something.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Book five came out in June, I was at Egyptian Event (a horse show) that day, and had to race home to be with my friends in time.
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh... I remember the day Superman: The Movie came out. And I remember how much trouble I got in for going to see it...
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by starLisa:
Uh... I remember the day Superman: The Movie came out. And I remember how much trouble I got in for going to see it...

Why?

I don't remember exactly when book Four came out, I just remember that I had recently bought a Tool CD and H just went perfectly with the climatic scene in it.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember when 4, 5, and 6 came out because each was at a particular time that sticks well in my memory:
When GoF came out, we were moving around a lot--from Wisconsin to Massachusetts to South Carolina to Georgia--and that summer I bought it as one constant in my life.
When OotP came out, my brother and I were flying back from our first trip alone overseas. I was sick as a dog and I bought it in the airport to distract me on the flight home.
When HBP came out, I was at VSU for GHP (hey, three acronyms in one sentence) and everyone on campus was reading it except me. I finally borrowed (stole) it from one of my friends who had finished.

Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the HP books come out in the summer solely because that's when their biggest audience--namely, younguns--have the most time to read them and therefore convince their parents to buy them.
Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa--that was my 500th post. Cool.
Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Just to win the Freak of the Year Award.

Book 6, July 16th, 2005

Book 5, June 21st, 2003

Book 4 July 8th, 2000

Book 3, September 8th, 1999 (US)
July 1999, (8th??)(UK)

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
I know she has parts written already because she plotted the whole seven books, remarkably. However I noticed that they darkened Snapes role in the Goblet of Fire movie, with Igor saying he was still loyal to Voldemort and insisting on it. I wonder if that is to foreshadow seven or six?

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
She's said she has the last paragraph written already, and she has publicly revealed the last word of the series.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
Here, I'll make this easy. Harry Potter Timeline.

(And she said months ago that she'd be starting to write the next book in January. Must be a slow news day.)

Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Its not been updated recently. It doesn't talk about the fourth film anymore than the director being announced. Its out so there are most likely some statistics to add.
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
I know. I just sent the relevant modifications to our Web person.

Specifically: "It has biggest opening weekend of any Harry Potter film, taking in $101.4 million in the U.S. and £14.9 in the U.K."

Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Bridges:
She's said she has the last paragraph written already, and she has publicly revealed the last word of the series.

OK, I'm curious, what's the word? ("End"?)
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Showmanship. It's nice to know that it's not dead!

More power to her!

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember hearing something like that. It's "scar", right?
Edit: In response to plaid

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GaalDornick:
I remember hearing something like that. It's "scar", right?

Yep. And Harry's days are numbered.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, he won't die. That's just there to get people all worried. He'll probably come really close to death and then just manage to survive. Also, I realized that I wouldn't really care if Harry dies. Not because I don't like the books, (!SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS!) I was sad when Dumbledore died (End Spoilers), but Harry kind of annoys me. He's such a whiner [Wink] .
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.