FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Firefly for $19.86!

Author Topic: Firefly for $19.86!
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Wal-Mart is running a sale on the 1st season of select TV DVD sets including Tru Calling, Buffy, Angel, Wonderfalls, and Firefly!

The list:

Firefly
Arrested Development
Shield
Shield (2nd season)
M*A*S*H (2nd season)
Roswell
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
The Pretender
Bob Newhart
Tru Calling
Dark Angel
Dark Angel (2nd season)
Angel
Lost in Space
Lost in Space (2nd Season)
Malcolm in the Middle
Wonderfalls
The Lone Gunmen
Millennium
Murder One

You know, I need a copy of Firefly for upstairs...

[ December 28, 2005, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Great deals! [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I have informed my brother, and he will be taking advantage of this.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, thanks for the tip, I'll definitely follow through on it . . . I have to return a $21 video game to WalMart(my nephew already had it), so that sounds like a perfect exchange!!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a bunch for the heads up.
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
How long's that lasting?
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
So... tempted... to succumb... to Evil... Must... not... shop... Wal-Mart...

Nah, I'm not really that tempted. If I really really really need Firefly, my dad will buy it for me. And it's not worth the livelyhood of third-world workers and American citizens to shop there. [Wink]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks!
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I shop at Wal-Mart all the time - sorry. But, I work hard for the little money I have and need to try to save it whenever possible. Plus, I used to work there and my sister still does ... our Wal-Mart employs more than 400 people in this area. So, yeah, I shop at the Evil Empire.

And, I'll be getting Firefly. I'll be giving it to my niece to replace her DVD set because the box got bent and I'm not sure exactly where all the DVDs are. (wonders if her niece will see this thread ...) [Wink]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Curses, I just bought two of those at Best Buy as Christmas presents and paid 20 bucks too much. Stupid Wal-mart.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn. I thought this was a real Firefly class ship, and I was thinking what a great deal that would be. <sigh>
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Firefly: The Complete Series
Vondie Curtis Hall
DVD

Seriously, Vondie Curtis Hall? He directed one episode. Why is Wal Mart making it seem like he's some big deal in the series?

I'd have stuck Joss Whedon in there myself, but whatever.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Arrested Development and The Lone Gunmen? Ooh, so tempting.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, lots of good shows. Too bad it's too annoying for me to get to the enemy. And that I don't want to shop there. *small grumble*
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderfalls and Arrested Development? Dammit. I don't want to buy DVDs, since they'll drop drastically in price in a year's time -- and probably be worth the average VHS tape in a few years' time -- but, dammit.

Dammit.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I was there today, I should have gotten it.

Wonder how long it's going to be on sale....

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
The Lone Gunmen? Wow, I remember that show. I've actually seen them appear on the X Files a few times since the show ended.
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmservo
Member # 8552

- posted      Profile for tmservo   Email tmservo         Edit/Delete Post 
The series premiere of Lone Gunmen is rather creepy now.
Posts: 202 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

as long as it's still on sale tomorrow (payday)
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I dreamed I was at Wal-Mart looking for it. I finally came across the display, found Firefly (a huge orange box with caterpillars on it) and then looked at the price. $198.60. I think I cried.
I've got a hard time differentiating between dreams and reality, so I had to check the price listed on here. Doesn't matter that $200 makes no sense, I had to check. [Razz]

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

I went to Wal-Mart - they don't have it there. I went to Target, same story. I checked walmart.com from work and it was there, but I didn't have any way to pay (no credit card). So, I picked up a gift card (they'll take Wal-Mart gift cards with pin nubmers as payment).

I came home for supper and checked Walmart.com - they are out of stock! [Cry] [Mad] [Frown] [Cry] [Wall Bash] [Cry]

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
From what I understand a lot of Wal-Marts ran out olf stock rather quickly -- and so did the website! -- but they're refilling as fast as they can.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

:holds tightly to gift card and hopes for the best:
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Is it at the store, or purely online that these deals can be taken advantage of? I'd like to purchase a copy of Firefly if the oppurtunity arises.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

Mine shipped. Whoo-hoo!
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Aha - so that's why I couldn't find it today!

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
You could try calling Walmart.com. When I went there and found it was out of stock, I called them to find out if there was a waiting list or when it would come back in stock, and the CS Rep. said they still had some. Needless to say I ordered mine.
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I just picked up Pretender and Wonderfalls at walmart (I already had firefly). The people in the DVD section told me that they were sold out of most of the 19.86 DVDs, and sadly neither the pretender nor wonderfalls were in their display. Fortunately, as I was leaving the store, I saw a second display that the DVD person didn't know about (not surprising...it is walmart after all) and found both the pretender and wonderfalls.

Moral of the story, if your walmart things they are sold out...wander around the store looking for more disks put in strange places. I found mine by the candy section. [Smile]

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

Is there another way to find what you want at WalMart? I thought that basically was the WalMart shopping experience.

Although I have heard they're not so bad in some states. Here in CA, though . . .

Can't complain too much, though. Got my Firefly in the mail. Early even.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.