FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Today I cried.

Author Topic: Today I cried.
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
It was warm, so I rode my bike to work. The way home is downhill, and I hit the lights perfectly, so I got going so fast, that tears just started streaming down my face as I flew past 2 cars. [Cry]
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
It's so beautiful

*Debussy: Nuages in the background

[Cool]

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I saw Wit for the very first time. (The HBO movie with Emma Thompson...)

I'm glad I was alone. I don't think I've ever been so undone by a film (or much else for that matter) in my life.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
Bikes are way cooler than cars.
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched the first two Allyria episodes in the Angel series. I teared up. Yeah, that's right. I cried for a show about vampires. You got a problem with that?
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
Angel has almost nothing to do with vampires, and neither does/did? Buffy, though it did when it started.
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Beren, I cried at those as well. Also for the Angel series finale.

But then, I cried at the end of Leon (The Professional), and I sobbed hysterically at the episode "The Inner Light" on ST:TNG.

I cried at Donnie Darko, too. Does that make me strange?

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Is "Inner Light" the episode where Picard lived a lifetime on an alien planet? I didn't cry at that episode, but it is one of my favorite trek episodes of all time! [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh it IS my favorite of all time [Big Grin]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
I teared up at Donnie Darko. One of my favorites.
I was angry at the end of The Professional. Grrr.
Serenity [Cry]

I love the song Mad World, in the same way I love rainy days.

I don't want to relate my pre-firefly opinion of angel and buffy...

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

Oh yeah. Narnia, I know the story so well and still...
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by calaban:
I teared up at Donnie Darko. One of my favorites.
I was angry at the end of The Professional. Grrr.

Angry? Why? And did you see the chopped up version or the full one?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Beren One Hand:
Is "Inner Light" the episode where Picard lived a lifetime on an alien planet? I didn't cry at that episode, but it is one of my favorite trek episodes of all time! [Smile]

That's the one.
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

[Smile]

Picard explores the final frontier: Married with Children!

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Tonight I saw Wit for the very first time. (The HBO movie with Emma Thompson...)

I'm glad I was alone. I don't think I've ever been so undone by a film (or much else for that matter) in my life.

*runs to Netflix*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

starLisa,

Sad angry in the lost potential.

Lisa
Member # 8384

Hmm... I agree with you, calaban. But for me, it was also mixed with grief at the fact that his little timeloop couldn't last and happiness at his having been given it in the first place.

It's very similar to that Trek ep I mentioned. And the movie "The Family Man", and an episode of The 4400. All of them had me completely wrecked, because all of them created something happy and then made it "never happened".

Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad so many people are discovering Wit recently. For a long time I felt like the only one who knew about it.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
I loved the movie Wit. It really hit close to home since I used to work with cancer patients and my grandmother was recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer. I cried and would cry for the next few days whenever I thought about it.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cheiros do ender:
Angel has almost nothing to do with vampires, and neither does/did? Buffy, though it did when it started.

Apart from the whole Angel being a vampire thing.

Beren, I sobbed through the end of Angel. And the last episode.

*gack*

I was a mess.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Katie, I'm glad you're flixing it, I was going to recommend it to you.

Brinestone, as soon as she said the line with the 'semicolon' and 'explanation point' I TOTALLY knew it was your old Galactic Cactus sig. [Smile]

What a beautiful movie though. Val, I am the same way today. I've been in a teary, recovering state for quite a while and I was in awe/a wreck for several hours last night. I worship at the altar of Emma Thompson, she was so amazing.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Historian
Member # 8858

- posted      Profile for Historian   Email Historian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by starLisa:
and I sobbed hysterically at the episode "The Inner Light" on ST:TNG.

Who didn't?

But then I get ribbed quite a bit because I cry at movies. Well generally any visually emotional scene will bring me to tears.

Posts: 80 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I cry at good insurance adds. [Blushing]
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

"Beren, I sobbed through the end of Angel. And the last episode."

The last episode was awesome. Although I wish there were additional seasons, I really loved how the AI crew went out in style.

"I kinda want to slay the dragon."

Don't we all. [Smile]

Xan
Member # 9015

- posted      Profile for Xan   Email Xan         Edit/Delete Post 
I cry at the fact that i have family; i am alone, with no one's heart to call my own...

Keh, joking, does make me a lil sad though.

Posts: 67 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oolung
Member # 8995

- posted      Profile for oolung   Email oolung         Edit/Delete Post 
I notice that as I get older, I get to cry more and more, and at really strange moments.

The best one I remember was when I brought to tears watching an old version of "Little Women" and there was the moment when Beth comes to thank the old gentleman for the piano and brings him a pair of slippers.

How odd is that? [Big Grin]

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I usually cry to get my way.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oolung
Member # 8995

- posted      Profile for oolung   Email oolung         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it any good while watching movies? [Big Grin] Mel Gibson doesn't die in the Braveheart? [Wink]
Posts: 218 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope nobody took me seriously. I mean, tears streamed from my face, but it was because of high wind factor. I thought I was being funny! [Razz]
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.