FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » pet food recall

Author Topic: pet food recall
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
A public service announcement:
If you have recently purchased dog- or cat-food under the brand names Diamond, Country Value, or Professional, please read this recall:

http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/diamond12_05.html

Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I read about that this morning, martha, (on CNN) and was kind of shocked by it (for one, I didn't know there was a corn fungus that would shut down the liver system of a dog).

Since we buy TONS of dog food, I was worried about the headline, but that brand isn't sold in our state, luckily.

My sister's Cocker went through a liver failure episode last year (unrelated) and I can tell it is extremely expensive thing to nurse them back to health from, and they are never back to 100% after that.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, dear. I checked the list too-- one of those brands of cat food was recently purchased in our household. But our state isn't on the list-- the stuff shipped here is manufactured in CA, apparently, and didn't get the fungusy stuff.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never even heard of any of those brands.
Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
We do Purina, Friskies, and the occasional Fancy Feast in our house. I sure hope the owners see this recall and don't feed it to their pets.

I have always wondered how pet owners would know if something was ever wrong with the food. I got sort of paranoid about it so that I always have at least two different types of food available, and any that goes uneaten for longer than normal gets tossed out.

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.