FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Israel's Prime Minister has had a massive stroke and cerebral hemorrhaging.

Author Topic: Israel's Prime Minister has had a massive stroke and cerebral hemorrhaging.
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Here's a link to the Jerusalem Post story.

I hope he recovers fully.

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
The situation seems hopeless. Sharon contributed a lot to Israel as the one who managed to finally disengage from the Gaza strip, one of the most difficult challenges ever that Israel has had to face. I hope he'll be okay.
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get it. He pulled out of Gaza, destroying the homes and livelihoods of almost ten thousand law abiding Jews, and the Arabs immediately began using the destroyed sites as staging grounds for rocket attacks on Israel. So now, instead of the IDF having to defend the Jews of Gush Katif, they're having to defend the new victims, who are that much closer than they were before.

As I said in the other thread, I wish Ariel Sharon many, many pleasant years of playing with his grandchildren in retirement, where he can't hurt anyone else.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
You are thinking pragmatically, not politically. Isreal needed to do all the Good Guy things and cross all the T's and dot all the I's so that in the next round of attrocities to come they look like the victims forced to do what they had to for security. It is what you gatta do today.

The stroke is hardly surprising is was a race to heart failure or stroke or being declared his own country...

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Even if he does recover, there is no way he can participate in the coming elections (this spring). As far as the political situation is concerned, he's as good as dead. [Frown]

And starLisa: I respectfully disagree. Sharon did much to redeem himself during his time as Prime Minister, and even created an entirely new political party... his current situation has completely changed the scope of where our country is headed. I find it quite amazing how dependent Israel has actually been on this man.

And I used to hate him. But that was a long time ago.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Raia:
And starLisa: I respectfully disagree. Sharon did much to redeem himself during his time as Prime Minister, and even created an entirely new political party... his current situation has completely changed the scope of where our country is headed.

That's certainly true. And not for the better. Raia, if he hadn't had this stroke, he was about to be indicted for a little matter of $3 million in bribes. And there isn't a major figure associated with his new party who hasn't been arrested, indicted or investigated for criminal actions. There's never been a party so entirely corrupt in the history of the state.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
<Removed.>

[ January 06, 2006, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Papa Janitor ]

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Boy, BC. That was funny. How about a nose joke, too.
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Would it have been funnier if he was Jewish?
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.