FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Shan you're awesome!

Author Topic: Shan you're awesome!
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much for the delicious cookies Shan! [Kiss]

Consider me your minion forever!

[Hail] Shan

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Awesome Shan fact #1

You know how people always say "I wish my job made a difference in the world"? In Shan's case it's true. She coordinates her state government's nutrition education program for the needy! I wonder if she brings those kids cookies.

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Shan is awesome. When we went to see Harry Potter, she bought Livvie a pretzel because she didn't want to eat in front of her. Shan rocks.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome Shan fact #2:

She's so nice to be around. I feel like myself when I'm with her, unjudged and comfortable. She'll always lend a sympathetic and wise ear and she's not afraid to tell her own stories as well.

And she has a wicked clever sense of humor. [Big Grin] (((Shan)))

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Awesome Shan fact #3:

Shan is always polite and considerate, but she frequently frets over how she could be even more polite and considerate. Really. I have the emails to prove it! [Smile]

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
[Blushing]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. How many hatrackers do you know in real life?

BTW Shan, it is awesome that you coordinate a nutrition program. We could probably do a good thread blasting the state of California for serving college students prison food? I'll do my research. I know that Sodexho is evil with a side of fries.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Not nearly enough. [Big Grin]

They've all been fascinating, fun-loving people.

This world needs more of 'em. [Smile]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Awesome Shan fact #4:

Shan volunteers at her church and her son's school. Again, I have to wonder if cookies are involved. [Smile]

Shan
Member # 4550

Nope.

Just my ability to calm down quarrelsome ladies, manipulate sound board dials, amuse sugar-hyped kids during Christmas plays, and chase pre-adolescent boys on field trips to the zoo or stage plays.

Homemade goodies NEVER enter the equation.

*grin*

Nathan informed me that sending fresh fruit, and vegies and dip to school for a treat were no longer allowed this year.

Can you imagine?!? [Evil Laugh]

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome Shan fact #5:

She's a really great mom. Her son is polite and cute and fun-loving and he eats his veggies. She takes so much care to have time with him and the two of them are the best of friends. [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.