FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Oh sure, they may look cute...

Author Topic: Oh sure, they may look cute...
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
...until you've experienced the attack of the baby pandas.

If you've been wondering about what's been happening with Owen and Mzee since the Indonesian tsunami, there's a blog covering their past year in Kenya.

[ September 19, 2006, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

Hook's Law: No matter how charming its friendly smile, never never hand feed a crocodile.

[ December 30, 2008, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That reminds me of one of my favorite "action songs" for preschoolers:

"...at the end of the ride, the lady was inside, and the smile was on the crocodile!" [Big Grin]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha, that first video was soooooooo cute. All those baby pandas *love*

Also that crocodile with its mouth open and the guy running was just funny.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoberTillNoon
Member # 6170

- posted      Profile for SoberTillNoon   Email SoberTillNoon         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I almost had to stop the video. That was a literally overwhelming amount of cuteness.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
That has to be the world's cutest way to die - nibbled to death by baby pandas.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

"Oh who's my wuvey dovey wittle munchkin..."
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Insulin! Insulin! I need some insulin for this thread -- STAT!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aspectre:
Crook's Law: No matter how charming its friendly smile, never never hand feed a crocodile.

Reminds of me of where I use to live: next to the lake in the back yard we had a sign that said, literally, "Do not provoke, molest or entice the alligators."

Uh... "molest"?!?

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"I was shocked - the animal clearly wanted to kill me,'' Mr Mashiah, from Tel Aviv, told the Northern Territory News.
No, you're kidding--the crocodile wanted to kill you? My, that is shocking.

And those pandas really were adorable. But now I can't get the visual image out of my head of the last episode of Lost with Jin carrying a real panda trying to chew off his ears rather than that stuffed one!

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"I began playing with it for a photo,'' Mr Mashiah said. "I was pointing at it when it suddenly jumped up at me - I didn't realise that crocs were so aggressive.''
[ROFL]

What planet were these guys from?

[ March 17, 2008, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: The Rabbit ]

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I imagine they don't have to worry about getting killed by a crocodile in Tel Aviv...
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never needed to worry about getting killed by a crocodile. Not in Utah, not in Montana, not in Seattle and not even in Trinidad but I still know that the things are very aggressive and wouldn't be foolish enough to tease one for a photo op.

Seriously, who doesn't know that crocodiles are extremely dangerous?

[ March 18, 2008, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: The Rabbit ]

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

Tea for Two
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
I imagine they don't have to worry about getting killed by a crocodile in Tel Aviv...

Actually, some people had stolen a crocodile (or an alligator, I don't remember) from one of the two alligator/crocodile farms in Israel several years back, and they deposited it in the central bus station in Jerusalem, hanging out on one of the platforms, waiting for his bus. [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I missed that news story! O_O
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aspectre:
Tea for Two

If you think that's cute, check out this book:

Hayes, Catherine (1951), The Ape in Our House, New York: Harper .

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
Reminds of me of where I use to live: next to the lake in the back yard we had a sign that said, literally, "Do not provoke, molest or entice the alligators."

Uh... "molest"?!?

Obviously it meant to interfere or bother, unless there's some kind of local problem down there.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

C'est cheese with a Cheshire flavor.
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the pandas, aspectre. [ROFL]

---

More sugar: Snow Dog video

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

Fighting like cats and dogs.....or maybe not
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
OMG, thread necromancy!

It came... from the archives.

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

Well properly aged zombies are green: recycle and reuse.
The hard part is remembering odd enough keywords thatcha don't end up with 300 matches that reach back only a year or so.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.