FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mrs Petty, mother of Richard Petty dies at age 88

Author Topic: Mrs Petty, mother of Richard Petty dies at age 88
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
quote:
LEVEL CROSS, N.C. - Elizabeth Toomes Petty, wife of NASCAR champion Lee Petty and mother of NASCAR champion Richard Petty, passed away Sunday morning at age 88.

She is survived by sons Richard and Maurice, as well as nine grandchildren, 24 great grandchildren, one great grandchild, two sisters and two brothers.
Funeral services were to be held privately.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations by made to Level Cross United Methodist Church, Victory Junction Gang Camp or to Hospice of Randolph County.

I know there's not a whole lot of race fans here, but I know there are a few. As a courtesy to a great man, and just as wonderful a family I thought I would pass the news.

Edit to add LINK.

[ January 09, 2006, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Stan the man ]

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.