FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Good Mexican Food (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Good Mexican Food
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
It was the squeeze of lime that, were I CT, would have given me a fit of the vapors.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
You probably don't laugh when someone talks about "tossing salad" either, KQ.

Ahh, life was simpler then.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Who doesn't like sinking their teeth in a good tuna taco?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, what's wrong with tossed salad?

I'm obviously much more innocent than I thought.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Really, SS? I would think you would might a "bad" tuna taco more?

Sorry! I shall stop!

That is, if Ketchupqueen stops making all these vegetable innuendos.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcare
Member # 8736

- posted      Profile for sarcare   Email sarcare         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Where are the good Somali and Turkish restaurants in Columbus?
I just got back from work and saw your question!
Now, I'm not an expert on either Turkish or Somali food, but my co-workers tell me that the Blue Nile and the Turkish Cuisine (I think that is what it is called) are quite good. They are both on High Street North of Campus. Apparently there is a sizable Somali community in Columbus, so there may be other good Somali restaurants.

Posts: 234 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, are you going to laugh if I say I don't like raw tomatoes-- only cooked?

What about saying Ceasar is my favorite dressing?

Peeling carrots is a pain?

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Cool. I've heard good things about Blue Nile, come to think of it. I'll have to check one of the two places out next time I'm up there. If you're ever heading down to Dayton and want to try the Mexican place out let me know and I'll either go with you or, if you'd prefer, just give you the place's name and location.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to think of an explanation for salad tossing that wouldn't violate the TOS, but I just couldn't stop giggling long enough to do it.

Sorry.

Oh, yeah. Don't, under any circumstance, google that term to try to figure it out. You'll be scarred for life.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

*tee-hee* She said peeling carrots![/4th grade]
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my heavens, Noemon, she is so naughty! And undressing Caesar!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcare
Member # 8736

- posted      Profile for sarcare   Email sarcare         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon, if you are headed to the Blue Nile you should e-mail me, since I live about a block away, I'd be happy to meet you there to try some of their excellent Somali food.
Posts: 234 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Sounds good sarcare--I'll definitely do that.
Noemon
Member # 1115

Sarcare, sent you an email.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.