FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Similies

Author Topic: Similies
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Let us see who can come up with the most clever similie. I shall make my first attempt with:

Bread is like Lazarus, it rises.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn! I read the funniest one on a kid's paper today. I gave it back though so I will have to hunt him down and post it tomorrow. The topic of the essay was to write about something that makes you feel anxious. He wrote as a dog who is running from a dogcatcher.
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean simile?
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

- posted      Profile for suminonA   Email suminonA         Edit/Delete Post 
Up is like down, it needs the other to exist.
Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
She was as pure and untouched as a newbie's spellchecker.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
It's "smiley," but the plural is "smilies."
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Life is like a hamburger, put too much ketchup on it and you ruin the whole thing.

Blackadder had some of the best: He was as mean and viscious as, as, as a really really mean and viscious thing.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Her retort was cool and antiseptic, like she'd just spit on him with Listerine.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for Blackadder!

And Hugh Laurie, I loved his expressions of enthusiasm.

</derail>

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I read that as smilies the first time.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Life as a boxer left him with a face like a map showing eons of continental drift.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

I'm like you, only different.
Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by twinky:
It's "smiley," but the plural is "smilies."

[Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by kojabu:
I read that as smilies the first time.

I admit I had to look at it twice, too. [Smile]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

She smiled at him, as if his whole life depended on it.
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
"He hit the ground like a hefty bag full of tomato soup" <- I wish I could claim that was my own.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vid
Member # 7172

- posted      Profile for Vid   Email Vid         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm quick-witted like Peter Griffin.
Posts: 162 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.