FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Stroud's Bartimaeus Trilogy comes to an end...

Author Topic: Stroud's Bartimaeus Trilogy comes to an end...
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Just finished the last book a few days ago. Has anyone else read these wonderful books?
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

- posted      Profile for Uhleeuh   Email Uhleeuh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm currently 100 or so pages into Ptolemy's Gate. I've been using my breaks at work to get in a few pages here and there, and I love, love, love Bartimaeus. Nathaniel? Not so much.
Posts: 378 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's part of the point. In these books, the "demons" are the heroes, while the magicians are the true monsters. [Smile]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

- posted      Profile for Uhleeuh   Email Uhleeuh         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I've just been holding out for Nathaniel to become decent. Call me optimistic, but I hope at least a few of the magicians can be good and likeable.
Posts: 378 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Considering the major valid system of human "magic" practiced in the story (not counting the somewhat different kind practiced by shamans) amounts to slavery, it's hard to see how someone could desire to practice that sort of magic without it being a sign of...well...certain virtues lacking.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
I really enjoyed the series.
Nate was always my favourite. I didn't like the end, though. Which, I guess, is what makes it such a good ending. But- no more! I'm not going to spoil it!!!

Good cover art, too. Catchy and all.

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm reading them aloud to Hubby, so I'm not even nearly finished, but I already read part 1 and 2, and liked 1 better than 2.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Argh. So much I want to discuss about 3, but can't without giving away plot details!

Keep reading! [Smile]

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.