FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm in love with Summer Glau

Author Topic: I'm in love with Summer Glau
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Just got back from the FX convention in Orlando where I met Summer Glau (River) and Alan Tudyk (Wash) from Firefly and Serenity. Read my long review (with pics!) here.

I'm happy, because I know I have now earned TomD's eternal hatred, and it makes me all warm inside.

[ January 29, 2006, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
The Alan-Summer banter warmed my heart. [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Awww! That was very fun to read.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Only afterwards did it occur to me to question the wisdom of walking up to River wearing a Blue Sun shirt.
[ROFL]
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
cool

:in awe:

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
The other day I saw somebody who looked exactly like Summer Glau, if only she were the sort of person who would be pushing a stroller through a thrift store in Utah.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooo. I'm jealous, but good article Chris.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't pick up on the Blue Sun-River connection. Luckily, all I had to do was google "Blue Sun Summer Glau" and it came up with a nice interview from October 2004 that was just posted on Jan 12, 2006. That answered all my questions and more!
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been getting e-mail and comments from people who were around me in line. Apparently I'm distinctive.

Which could explain why one of the "Hotties of FX," Dazza Del Rio, greeted my older son and myself like long-lost friends. "You guys were here last year, right?" We both sort of nodded, smiling while looking over her impressive display of erotic pictures, calendars, posters, and DVDs. We hadn't, but it didn't seem right to object. "I thought so. It's great seeing you again! I've got a lot of new stuff since then. How have you been?"

While it was obviously a sales pitch, it was delivered flawlessly. My best friends don't greet me as warmly and sincerely as this lady I've never met before who contrived to carry a conversation with, apparently, two people she'd spent a great deal of pleasant time with, despite our lack of relevant response. It's a rare gift, that is.

We still didn't buy anything, though [Smile]

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
404'd link.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
I have an error on the link.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Fixed! I updated it today and didn't realize it would change the address.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
How long is that convention going on? If I'd known about it I woulda gone! gah!
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Just updated the review to include my visit today, which included showing the stars their Barbie dopplegangers. Pics!
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Double Wow...
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris that is a another good article...I'd say great but I'm petty and seething with jealousy at the moment over your pictures and cnversations with Summer and Alan [Smile]
I've done some checking around and I haven't found any good sites that list where our Firefly Heroes will be appearing? Specifically in Pennsylvania which would benefit me directly, or somewhere close. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Keep an eye on the Conventions and Shindigs section of serenitymovie.org. I'm not sure if anyone is keeping a calendar -- I'm pretty much limited to what I can drive to within a few hours so it's easy for me to keep track for myself.
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Chris!!!!! [Smile]
I'm sorta shocked at the limited amount of shiny shindigs that there are in Philly

Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

And I just noticed this at FireflyFans.net:

quote:
Hey Philly/PA Browncoats!

I manage an independent movie theater in Philadelphia, PA and also happen to be a major browncoat.

After handing out copies of Serenity to the staff for christmas, I won enough converts to convince the theater owner to book Serenity for two screenings as part of our midnight movie series.

It screens at midnight on Friday Feb. 10th and Sat. Feb 11th. And it's in our 320 seat theater on 35mm.

Our midnight series is a lot of fun AND if Serenity does well, there's a great chance we'll be able to bring it back every year - hopefully to keep the cult status growing...

Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
wow, she does look stunning.

I'll have to go to one of those things sometime...I wish I had known about this one a head of time...Orlando is not that far from where I am living now.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.