FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Coco Crisp

Author Topic: Coco Crisp
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Now, tell me that doesn't sound like a cereal name?
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Someone's parents were a little out of it after his birth...
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
It's pretty close to one.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
Like a bunch of kids, picking on a guy's name.... A few years after he broke into the league. Grow up, or get with the times! [No No] [Wink]
Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

Hey, I'm not complaining. He's our replacement for Johnny Damon, so I'll take him. I'm just excited that I get to root for a guy named Coco Crisp.

Plus, he has a .300 batting average for last year. That makes me happy.

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I know I'VE made the joke before. [Wink] Coco is a nickname, by the way. He kicked major butt for my fantasy baseball team and should do even better for the Sox.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seven
Member # 5367

- posted      Profile for seven           Edit/Delete Post 
On a related note, I used to tutor a guy named Indiana Jones. His parents let his brother name him.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

He's no Johnny Damon, though. No one could master the caveman look like JD.
Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

quote:
I used to tutor a guy named Indiana Jones. His parents let his brother name him.
[ROFL] [ROFL]

quote:
He's no Johnny Damon, though. No one could master the caveman look like JD.
No one could be Jesus. But I think he has a chance of making a name for himself in the Red Sox. Plus, he's younger, and his average has been getting better every season. I think he'll be good on our team.
smitty
Member # 8855

Yeah, I think Coco is a good addition. Even tho I don't hate the yankees with a fiery passion, I was sad to see him go to Steinbrenner's team, where he had to shave.
Evie3217
Member # 5426

I know. I DO hate the Yankees with a fiery passion, but I think the fact that hurts the most was that he was willing to give up his identity as Jesus just for more money.

On a side note, did you know that we Red Sox fans have begun calling Damon Judas?

smitty
Member # 8855

No, I tend to ignore most of the rhetoric from the east coast. You guys are too high strung [Wink]
Evie3217
Member # 5426

I'm not *twitches* high strung!
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought you WERE talking about cereal. Poor guy. [Taunt]
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that calling Damon Judas was funny the first 2 times, but now is just lame. I can't wait for the improved Sox to sweep the Yankees this year.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

I like several yankees players, and their manager. Their owner, tho... I'd much rather see the Red Sox win it, since the Reds are out of contention already. And for 2007, 2008, and 2009 as well.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Smitty have you seen Frisco? He does Johnny Damon better than Johnny Damon does.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just slightly worried he's going to turn the milk all chocolaty. It really doesn't taste bad, but I just think it would be disturbing if the Red Sox were drinking brown milk.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Wooo, for Cookie Crisp! (Not quite the same, I know. But its awfully close.)

On weird names:

There was a family that named their three sons Luke, Sky, and Walker.

I also knew a kid whose name was A llen S cott S kaggs. People laughed at his initials.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
There are worse cereal names for your kids. Be a shame to name your daughter "Trix".
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amilia
Member # 8912

- posted      Profile for Amilia   Email Amilia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I also knew a kid whose name was A llen S cott S kaggs. People laughed at his initials.
My last name is Smith. I have always known I could never marry a man whose last name also started with an S.
Posts: 364 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
For what it's worth, I don't know any Yankees fans who are fond of George Steinbrenner. Former Yankee Sparky Lyle wrote a what-if baseball fantasy novel that starts off with Steinbrenner being kicked out of baseball, and an overjoyed New York City staging a V-S celebration...
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

George is still better than Marge Schott was
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Initials are important for parents to consider. That's why we didn't name our oldest daughter Amanda Rose. Our last name begins with "F."
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
NNOOO. I can't like Coco Crisp anymore. Darn Sox.

Just Kidding. I'm one of those few yankee fans that can give the Sox some respect. I still hate them with all my being of course, I just aknowledge that they are a good team.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.