FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Nazi Twins on ABC

Author Topic: The Nazi Twins on ABC
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I hesitate even to draw attention to it. But I was putting off seeing this, and decided I need to at least look at it once, though I didn't watch it all the way through.

Its a pair of little girls who sing for a White Supremasist record label. I didn't know that kind of thing actually existed.

Nazi Twins on ABC (Video)

[ January 31, 2006, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: Orincoro ]

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh boy.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, is this about Prussian Blue?

Oh boy. I seem to remember another thread on this earlier, and I seem to remember it getting out of hand - but then, I don't know what else I was expecting.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw them on an English documenary about neoNazi groups in the US. The mother and her father are nasty, really corrupting two nice (at least when i saw them 2 years ago) little girls.
Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
I never considered ethnic diversity to be the downfall of Rome. Shows what I/Gibbon know.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
It's disturbing how nonchalant they are about it.

But I think there's something there, whenever the interviewer asked them a directly provocative question, they hesitated before answering. I can't tell if it's because of their age, or because they were embarassed to be answering that way.

The mother certainly wasn't shy about her answers.

Regardless, were I to ever have children, I'd be mixed on ever letting them be friends with, or even speak to anyone like those two girls. On one hand, I'd be scared they might latch on to some of their crazy racism, but on the other hand, I'd hope their views would rub off on the racist kids thus making them more tolerant. But likely it's a gamble I wouldn't risk.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the most disturbing things I've seen in a long long time.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

By the way, what makes a thread a mayfly?

Is it a warning, as in "this discussion may fly off the handle"?

Figuring out what a landmark is was easy, and I think I get a dobie, since the context is usually close at hand, but this one stumps me.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
may fly away

I'm just proud to be living in a society that either disturbing or silly.

Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
A mayfly has a very short lifespan (even for a bug), and was those threads originally meant to go away, usually they were for one person, this probably shouldn't be one, but it can I guess.

I think this might be a repeat of their interview last fall.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BGgurl
Member # 8541

- posted      Profile for BGgurl   Email BGgurl         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know when this was aired?
Posts: 106 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
A part of me wishes that no one would even pay attention to such tripe, but another part of me reasons that it is instructive and useful to make them objects of ridicule and scorn, thus making racism ridiculous and scornful.

It's a shame, though, that these particular practitioners are just kids. A rather vivid example of how racism can be learned while growing up and not just picked up somewhere.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
That kind of thing just cuts me right to the heart.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what would happen if those girls became 16 and said, "You know, this racism stuff is stupid."
"It totally is."
"Let's get black boyfriends."
OK.
Surely their parents would flip, which is why I imagine they keep them in total isolation so they don't get around different kinds of people and white people who would say, you know you're really quite wrong about all of this.
Maybe they'd grow up to be very embarassed.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I wonder what would happen if those girls became 16 and said, "You know, this racism stuff is stupid."
"It totally is."
"Let's get black boyfriends."

There is a certain irony to this statement. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

Sometimes, I think orphans don't know just how good they have it. [Roll Eyes]
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
Originally posted by Juxtapose:
Sometimes, I think orphans don't know just how good they have it. [Roll Eyes]

That, in itself, disturbs me. I agree though, terrific parenting. Terrific [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:

But I think there's something there, whenever the interviewer asked them a directly provocative question, they hesitated before answering. I can't tell if it's because of their age, or because they were embarassed to be answering that way.

Good point Lyrhawn. My take on it was, they need to search for the bogus answer that had been prepped for them. Their "job" is to appear sweet and innofensive, thus they have to sound like sweet angels when they say things that, in another context would sound worse. Remember how the one girl would say, "well.. um" and the other would say the word they were 'supossed' to use, and the first girl would then be decisive and repeat it exactly.

The material included in the interview is at the discretion of the broadcast company, thus, I find it strange that the girls came across so sweetly, apparently they NEVER slipped up and gave a contradictory answer, no wonder the white supremasists are using these two kids. Either that or the company edited it in their favor. I would like to see the rest of the questions asked. I suppose the interview process could have been tightly controlled by the parents.

And I HAVE to suggest that the "Fall of Rome due to diversity" was probably completely fake, acted out for the news crew. Not that they don't actually teach their kids that, but probably not at that exact moment. I mean, how long was the cameraman sitting watching them "do school," before an absolute gem of ignorance like that slipped out? Surely their math lessons aren't also racially slanted. (Although I would be fascinated at a chance to look at their 'alternative' textbooks? Anyone know where I could see them?)

King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps they would just use the old ones from the thirties?
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
It would be interesting to see the raw footage of that piece, I think.

On the other hand, when I saw something on these two advertised to be on, I avoided watching it because I knew it would upset me. Still, speaking as the anthropologist that I am educated to be, that raw footage would probably reveal a lot.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.