FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Officer: I'd like to report a burglary

Author Topic: Officer: I'd like to report a burglary
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
My marijuana was stolen...
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
criminal mastermind
[ROFL]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
when just looking at the pictures, without reading it, I decided you must be Peter Hight.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
any press is good press, breyer...
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
only if you want to be known.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
So they let you get online in jail?
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I wonder how many joints that guy had smoked that day...
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Father Time
Member # 7985

- posted      Profile for Father Time   Email Father Time         Edit/Delete Post 
My Momma always said, "Stupid is as stupid does."
Posts: 56 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
OMG, there should be Darwin Award-equivalents commemorating crooks that stupid. [ROFL]

Reminds me of when my two idiot nephews tried to pick up a package of marijuana at the Post Office. Someone smarter than they had enlisted them to be patsys. They probably could have gotten away, but when the clerk wouldn't give it up and stalled them, instead of just running, they made a big fuss and argued with the clerks until the cops came.
[Wall Bash] [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's another case of not-so-bright criminals: Women attack intruders with knives

Maybe checking to see if the residents are home before breaking in would be a better idea - you never know when you will get people who want to (gasp) protect their property. (The burglars were lucky the women didn't have guns, IMO.)

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RyanINPnet
Member # 8363

- posted      Profile for RyanINPnet   Email RyanINPnet         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah...I kind of feel embarrassed to admit this...but I actually used to go to the same high school as that guy...he was in my class last year...although I don’t think he graduated...

*lowers head in shame*

Luckily I am attending BYU now, and heaven knows that kind of stuff doesn’t happen here.

Posts: 61 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Too funny. I just got a funny email attachment along the same lines--I wish I knew a way to post it. It's a video clip of this guy who gets pulled over for a DUI. Of course he says to the lady cop, "Ma'am, I wasn't drinking." She goes on to put him through his paces--and he does a great job of reciting the alphabet backwards, touching his nose, walking the line, and eventually doing a complicated series of dance steps. When the cop says, "That was very impressive, are you a dancer?" the guy responds, laughing, "No, I'm just drunk!"
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
from the article linked:
Officers checked Hight's house, where they recovered six ounces of marijuana and arrested him for burglary, theft, and possession of marijuana in a drug-free-zone with the intent to distribute. He was booked into the Utah County jail.

What is a "drug-free zone" and how could they declare one inside his house?
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it is when your house is a certain amount of feet from a school. If you have drugs in the area, the penalties for having them doubles. Don't quote me on that.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
There are lots of different kinds of drug-free zones; what Valentine described is the most common.

Essentially, it's a pre-defined area where punishments increase for some drug crimes, especially distribution and possession with intent to distribute.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, I can see how that sort of law could be justified. Thanks, V and D.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.