FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Let's see how clever Hatrack is at finding kids' books using minimal information

Author Topic: Let's see how clever Hatrack is at finding kids' books using minimal information
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
or, I've remembered this book and I don't know what book it is. I think I read it as a kid, and the beginning bit of it talked about the cedars of Lebanon. I think it was about a little family that lived in a city and they were of Lebanese origin, but anyway it began by talking about the cedars of Lebanon. Maybe by Rumer Godden?

Anyone? (this is so not enough information for you to go on)

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow when i originally read the topic i thought "hey i can do this i just found one of the boooks i read a while back

but i remeberered the majority of the story that it had been donated to the library for someone in my family and i knew more of the storyline in general

hey but i didn't know the name of the author

my suggestion do what i did go scrounging on Amazon with titles that seem to match the idea of the book

Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds really familiar, actually...

Did you check SIPs at Amazon?

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
The Trees Kneel at Christmas?
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoriSCapnSkip
Member # 9153

- posted      Profile for CoriSCapnSkip   Email CoriSCapnSkip         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the best source for that sort of thing: http://forums.abebooks.com/abesleuthcom
Posts: 91 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray, Valentine, you are very clever!

Hatrack wins a prize.

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
I give credit to fact that I used to work at a bookstore and spend a lot of time looking up old children's books.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.