FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » For a Change of Pace - Hatracker FINDS Childhood Book!

Author Topic: For a Change of Pace - Hatracker FINDS Childhood Book!
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
A little while back I started thinking about books I loved in my childhood. Then I decided to start trying to find them so I could someday read them to my own kids.

"Greedy Zebra" by Mwenye Hadithi was a special favourite, and we would check it out of the library regularly. The illustrations are fantastic, and the story is just too cute. How the Zebra got his stripes (and all the rest of the animals got their accoutrements). Unfortunately, it seemed to be out of print. Fortunately, Amazon came to the rescue.

It came in the post today.

I am ecstatic.

Greedy Zebra
Greedy Zebra daydreams
Uh-oh, Greedy Zebra!

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggles madly* oh this was just the break I needed from Beowulf
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite book from my pre-school childhood years was, "Nate the Great." I'm pitiful.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on finding your book. It can be frustrating when no one remembers what you're looking for.

At this point I've found the titles for nearly all of the children's books I was looking for; it's just a matter of buying them now. One of them is really expensive, though. [Frown] Captain Ghost by Thelma Bell. Last I checked, even library copies were going for over a hundred dollars. And to think that I used to own that book!

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite book when I was very small was Weeny Witch, but I can never find it at bookstores and I suspect it of being out of print. Alas.

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amilia
Member # 8912

- posted      Profile for Amilia   Email Amilia         Edit/Delete Post 
Mel, Alibris has it for $17.95.

Jen, Amazon has yours for $8.22. (It was over $50 at Alibris.)

Posts: 364 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoriSCapnSkip
Member # 9153

- posted      Profile for CoriSCapnSkip   Email CoriSCapnSkip         Edit/Delete Post 
This http://forums.abebooks.com/abesleuthcom is actually among the three best places on the internet for finding lost titles.
Posts: 91 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, look at that. There is hope for me getting that book after all. Cool [Smile]

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.