FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Big sister moment!

Author Topic: Big sister moment!
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
My little sister (turning 13 this april), just sent me an ecstatic e-mail saying that a guy friend of hers asked her out and my dad is letting her be his girlfriend.

*tear* They grow up so fast...

(Not to mention that she beat her big sister by a little over four years [Razz] )

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Mine too, Raia...Mine beat me by six years. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Your dad is so going to regret this. I can just see her being a total flirt. I love raia's sister. Did I tell you I saw her (and your mom) at Applebees on my birthday but didn't have an opportunity to go say hi?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

No, you didn't tell me!

And I'm happy for her... I'm petrified at the speed at which she's growing up, but I'm soo happy for her!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Since when do kids have to ask their parents permission for that sorta thing? what is this, the 1800's?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I know my first girlfriend waited a long time to tell her parents, because she was worried about how they would react. It doesn't sound atypical to ask parents' permission.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't imagine being happy about a 12 year old sister dating. [Confused]
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Well, I'm not happy about her dating so much as I'm happy that she's this happy. She's really excited, and it's cute. [Smile]

But Theaca, rest assured, I am freaking out about the actual dating part!

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
especially at jcms
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Thanks, Sarah, you're really helping. [Razz]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Sorry, it may have cleaned up since our senior year. Ask Charlie what was going on his 8th grade year, not that I really think you talk to him, just he would know, and you do sort of know him.
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear God, my sister is also thirteen.

I don't see her dating any time soon though O.o.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Oh, I just did some research. It seems the school no longer has the problems it did, and isn't quite as known for that, now that none of the students are the same. My sources for both time periods are pretty trustworthy.
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
My sister's 18. She started college this past year. With the stage set, I shall begin the story...

I got a call from her this past weekend at 12:30-ish local time; this translates to 1:30-ish her time. After she finished telling me off for sleeping when she wanted to talk (which, as a matter of fact, I was not doing but was instead doing laundry), her boyfriend grabbed the phone. This happens fairly frequently, so I continued hanging up my clothes.

I had to stop when he said (and I quote), "You need to yell at your sister. She's been leaving inappropriate marks on my neck."

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

So for all you big sisters out there, IT GETS WORSE.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

[Eek!]

Aaaaaaaaah!

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Me, I'm just upset that I wasn't even allowed to be alone with Christy in her room when I'd visit her house back when we were dating, but her sister now gets to spend the weekend at her boyfriend's place.

We broke her parents in for her.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] Carrie.

My little sister, 14, hasn't started dating yet. Neither me or my two olders sisters really dated while living at home, but I get the feeling that this one will. I can't wait to see how my parents handle it! It should be fun. [Razz]

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I think I would have (at 18 right?) gotten by spending a weekend at a hypothetical boyfriend's place but he couldn't have been in my room with my door shut at my parents house. But that's just a guess, neither happened.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
My little sister is 36. It's fine with me if she dates.

She is a lovely, accomplished woman, lives in Manhattan, and has a good job in marketing and promotions for a major company. She has a beautiful singing voice, a terrific sense of humor, and is kind, considerate, and generous.

Seeking a nice Jewish man, non-smoker preferred, but honestly, she's not too picky about that.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:
So for all you big sisters out there, IT GETS WORSE.

Oh, my sister is 19 at this point, and it's gotten sooooooooo much worse. I'm to the point where I just shake my head.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Tante, I think you're looking for the dating game thread. It's probably not too late to get her in it.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.