FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Variations on Mouth-to-Mouth Resuscitation

Author Topic: Variations on Mouth-to-Mouth Resuscitation
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Chicken Revived by Mouth-to-Beak Resuscitation

quote:
ARKADELPHIA, Ark. (AP) - A retired nurse saved her brother's chicken, Boo Boo, by administering mouth-to-beak resuscitation last week after the fowl was found floating face down in the family's pond.

Marian Morris said she hadn't had any practice with cardiopulmonary resuscitation in years, but she was interested to see if she "still had it."

"I breathed into its beak, and its dad-gum eyes popped open," Morris said. "I breathed into its beak again, and its eyes popped open again. I said, 'I think this chicken's alive now. Keep it warm.' "

She said she did not know how to find a pulse on a chicken.

Boo Boo's owners, Jackie and Becky Calhoun, put her in a large cardboard box containing a grain feeder and water. They also placed a heater nearby.

The chicken is called Boo Boo because she is easily frightened. The Calhouns thought Boo Boo had been startled and flopped into the pond.

[ROFL]
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
....You know I didn't think that anyone would go that far to save the life of a chicken. I really hope that she washed her mouth thoroughly after having her mouth to that chicken.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, ironic if she lost her life to some rotten chicken disease.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mean Old Frisco
Member # 6666

- posted      Profile for Mean Old Frisco   Email Mean Old Frisco         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think this chicken's alive now. Keep it warm.
We laugh, but this is probably the most dramatic sentence ever uttered in the city of Arkadelphia...possibly in the entire state of Arkansas.
Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
There's an Arkadelphia?
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
"it flopped into the pond"

I hope the chicken was on a dock or something, or that the pond had a sudden increase in depth.

Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Even more ironic that they'll probably just end up eating it later. [Evil]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mistaben
Member # 8721

- posted      Profile for mistaben           Edit/Delete Post 
Are we allowed to say "dad-gum" on Hatrack?

Vulgarity warning next time, please!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 105 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh -- I just realized I raise chickens, and I also have absolutely no idea how to find a pulse on a chicken!!!

*snort*

Guess I should go look that up

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
What's weird about Arkadelphia? At least it's not Toad Suck. (Yes, there really is a Toad Suck in Arkansas)
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.