FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » In praise of Netflix and request for recommendations (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: In praise of Netflix and request for recommendations
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched Remington Steele back in the early '80's and LOVED it. I saw an episode a couple of years back (it may have been in 2000... more than a couple of years) and was really disappointed in it. I was almost embarrassed at how much I liked it in my crazy youth (okay, I was married and pregnant with my third child, but I was still REALLY young!)

I may give it a try anyway.

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Ever notice how many of the pickles our heroes in Remington Steele get into could be easily and painlessly resolved if they just had cell phones?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I did the same thing with Man From Atlantis, maui babe. When I was little (and in my defense, I was really young at the time), I thought that The Man From Atlantis was one of the best shows on TV. I caught an episode of it on TV Land a few years back, and was morbidly fascinated by how horrible it was.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Ever notice how many of the pickles our heroes in Remington Steele get into could be easily and painlessly resolved if they just had cell phones?

All of them. The first season of Remington Steele is delightful. It's light business. The dialogue is brisk, and the characters are charming, and the crimes are directly related to the dynamic between Miss Holt and Mr. Steele. Most importantly, Miss Holt is the star of the show. After that first season, Steele becomes the star, he is too perfect for my taste, it seems to just become another mystery show.

Remington Steele isn't the West Wing, but it is brisk and refreshing.

[ February 27, 2006, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Irami Osei-Frimpong ]

Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.