FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » We Can't Stop Hiding the Lizard! (now with popular demand for a snake story, ADAM)

Author Topic: We Can't Stop Hiding the Lizard! (now with popular demand for a snake story, ADAM)
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Emma! I just want to let you know that the rubbery lizard that you gave to my son (the Son of Shvester) for the December Gift Exchange is really getting around the house. We keep hiding it for someone to discover (and bonus points if they get startled by the discovery). Once you find the lizard, then YOU get to hide it for someone else to happen upon unawares. The lizard has been in the vegetable bin in the refrigerator, on my pillow, in a supply closet, and amongst the newspapers. And that is just yesterday and today! Sometimes he is on the phone base instead of the cordless phone. Sometimes he is on the computer mouse (the mouse and the lizard seem to be great friends). I've found him in the cheese bin in the 'fridge, too. I'm not sure where the lizard is now, but he always turns up. And if I find him next, then it is my turn to hide it.

Thanks for all the lizardy fun!

[ February 12, 2006, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Tante Shvester ]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
lol.

That would have been funny in my house when my sister and I were young. My sister couldn't say "L" when she was young, so she would call lizards "wizards"

I remember the time she ran out of her room yelling "there's a wizard in my room, there's a wizard in my room!"

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Angst] That reminds me of when my brother used to scare me by hiding my dad's stuffed (real) armadillo and asking me to get something down for him.

But I'm sure the Princess would be very thrilled that you like the lizard she really did choose all by herself. If she knew how to read. [Wink]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
You can let her know, no?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I told her, but her attention span is a little short. She was busy trying to put pants on her head. (Note to self: do not renew Blue Hat, Green Hat when determining what library books we need to keep longer. :| )

I'll try again later. [Wink]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like so much fun.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Meh, pants on the head is highly overrated.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

The point is not to hide it so that it is hard to find. The idea is to hide it so that someone will come upon it unexpectedly and be surprised. So when hiding it, you target someone.

Do I suppose that my brother-in-law is going to make himself some oatmeal for breakfast? Then I'll hide the lizard with the cereal bowls for him.

Is it my son's chore to sweep the dining room floor? He may find a lizard on the dustpan.

He found it last, and hid it. I have yet to find it. But I will, I'm sure!

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Pleeeeeeeease tell me the snake story.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Snake story good. [Smile] Refusing to tell snake story bad. [Frown] Conclusion? Tell snake story. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
My cat has a rubber frog and snake, probably as lifelike as your lizard. And they tend to turn up in quite scary places, but we aren't the ones hiding them.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a lifelike lizard. Anyone want me to mail it to them? I can, I don't mind. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
You can mail me one of the big ones. You just gotta catch it, first. [Razz]

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought you didn't like to be in the same room with it? Have you come to an understanding then? [Smile]
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Oh, no, I wouldn't catch it. But maybe Oberon will. In the last week, he's caught a rat and a squirrel. He might be up to the task. [Razz]
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

SNAKE STORY!!!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

1) I, too wish to hear this snake story.

2) quid, there's a big difference between "life-like" and "live" (or "live before it was shipped overseas", anyway.) :|

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Yeah. George Bush is "live". Dick Cheney is "life-like".
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Snake.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Badger badger badger...
Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Mushroom! Mushroom!
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

BADGER STORY!!!
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
SNAKE STORY NOW!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
Badger Snake story?

Or Snadger Bake. I'm happy either way. [Smile]

Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by adam613:
Poll to my family members: Should I tell the snake story?

Why do I have to be related to you to answer? You big meanie! [Cry]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
quid, there's a big difference between "life-like" and "live" (or "live before it was shipped overseas", anyway.) :|

[Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.