FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » You know you're a fan when...

Author Topic: You know you're a fan when...
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
...you use a quote from Serenity in your paper on evolution. My topic was to explain the benefits and dangers of evolution when applied to evolution. I took the quote of Mal when he says that he has to act, otherwise history will be repeated when people start to believe that they can make people better. It applied to my topic, but I just thought I'd share. I'm a geek.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clod
Member # 9084

- posted      Profile for clod   Email clod         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a rather nice thought, you dork. And, by dork, I don't mean geek. Geeks are waaay mean, if you ask me. Look at Whedon, for example. The most dispirited self-righteous individual you'd care to stumble across. He's one mean mofo, if I had to hazzard a guess.
Posts: 351 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Joss is one big geek. And I mean that in the nicest way ever. Heard the interviews about the 'villains' of Buffy S6? Joss said that basically all the writing for the Empire of the Nerds scenes was cribbed from conversations that all the writers had when they were "working". It made me happy.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
When writing a paper about the meaning of the phrase "Liberty Equality Fraternity" you manage to sneak in the quote from episode 3, " So this is how democracy dies, to thunderous applause....... came Jar Jar let us leave this place" in the section about the dangers of the foolishness of the masses. Yea, I officially claim the title of "dweeb"
Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.