FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Just came here to say

Author Topic: Just came here to say
Jon Paul Mosher
Member # 9174

- posted      Profile for Jon Paul Mosher   Email Jon Paul Mosher         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished the series with "Shadow of the Giant" and I just came here to say that this book was so great that it moved me to tears, yes a grown man moved to tears because of this book. I didnt even cry when my parents got divorced when I was seven.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kitsune
Member # 8290

- posted      Profile for Kitsune   Email Kitsune         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I'm not up to that book yet, so I will read faster!

Now, if only Chuck Norris would cry...
[Smile]

Posts: 147 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Same here Jon, I cried to. But that happens to me alot when I get into a character written by OSC.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack. [Wave]
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party] for Jon Paul Mosher [Party]

Welcome to the 'Rack.

Moved to tears...I did that on EG. I keep finding certain bits of it relating to my life completely. Unfortunately it is the parts I am trying to forget. But I can understand. The writing is such that we begin to feel as if it were a real person, that we know. If I could explain myself better I would, but I can't.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Paul Mosher
Member # 9174

- posted      Profile for Jon Paul Mosher   Email Jon Paul Mosher         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad to hear that I wasn't the only one who cried to an OSC book. Beans story with Petra really got to me deep I was crying the last 30 pages. Thanks for the reply guys.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Bean's character, and the Ender's Shadow book got me totally.

Umm...you might want to work your way up to Lost Boys

Go slowly.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.