FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Scrubs episode 4

Author Topic: Scrubs episode 4
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
How? Why? The show is supposed to be a bloody comedy but it made me cry it was soo deep, the grandmother was wonderful, the way she just accpeted death without a second thought.

Docters have it rough.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
Scrubs is a great show and I'm not ashamed to admit it's one of the few shows that has the ability to get some waterworks from me [Razz]

Just keep on watching it, that's not the only episode. The character development in the show is great, I just wish season 3 and 4 were out already [Frown]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
To bump this thread, Season 3 has been out for a while (I think season 4 is planned for October as well).

If you haven't yet, watch season three and then post how many times you say "But, it's a comedy..."

One episode in particular leans towards my top 5 TV viewing expiriences ever.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
That reminds me of the doggie episode of Futurama. Not only a comedy, but a CARTOON!

Oh man, the tears.

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demonstrocity
Member # 9579

- posted      Profile for Demonstrocity   Email Demonstrocity         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MyrddinFyre:
That reminds me of the doggie episode of Futurama. Not only a comedy, but a CARTOON!

Oh man, the tears.

I could not believe this episode. I was heartbroken, and I usually find black comedy endlessly funny.
Posts: 246 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing is much of a true comedy anymore, especially Scrubs. Scrubs is hilarious, but not usually without a point.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
At least there's always Chappelle's show.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SoaPiNuReYe:
At least there's always Chappelle's show.

Yes, because for every Yang that is a good show, we need a Yin as well. I'm sure another show will come along to fill Chappelle's Show's shoes for years to come (and so many other shows as currently being made as well).

(Forgive my bias, I was pretty much forced against my will to watch the first three or four Chappelle's Show episodes. I will never forgive the show for that. Appearantly, neither will he or something.)

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
That show convinced me that Brendan Fraser is one of my favorite actors.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
JT: If Fraser is really is your favourite actor, then you should definitely watch "Twenty Bucks" (that is, if you haven't already done so)

On the subject of Scrubs: It is indeed a very good show. Brilliantly absurd humour, which sometimes manages to make me forget Monty Python. And yet they still manage to add some deeper level to the plotline.
Unfortunately I live in a country where we're behind on the American schedule. Right now I've just started watching the 2nd season. Also, the general public hasn't really caught on to the show, though that might be because it's aired during dinner.

Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't have called Brendan my favorite actor, but his performance in Scrubs certainly increased my opinion of his acting abilities.

We've watched up to the middle of season 5 and are waiting for the rest of it to become available here.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't say that Fraser was MY fav actor. I actually don't like most of the movies he plays in (excepting "Airheads", which is great)

Thank you for the pleasant prospect of at least three more seasons of Scrubs. Lots of laughs ahead.

Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't say so either. I said he was one of them.

I'm jealous that Season 5 is already out where you are, quid. Season 4 doesn't even come out here for months.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angiomorphism
Member # 8184

- posted      Profile for Angiomorphism           Edit/Delete Post 
Scrubs is an incredible show. In each season there are absolute gems (thought the first is still my favorite season, not that you can really compare it to what scrubs is now). But on the topic of futurama, there are a bunch of REALLY sentimental episodes of that show that get me teary-eyed when I watch them. The dog episode is one, the one with his younger brother finding the 7 leaf clover is another, the one with the huge bee sting, and the one where time is all screwed up because of that black hole, and lela misses the huge writing in the sky that fry did to make her love him. I'm so excited for the new season!
Posts: 441 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, JT. I like Brenden Fraser because of that episode - everything from writing to acting was excellent.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.