FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Nothing cancels Mardi Gras."

Author Topic: "Nothing cancels Mardi Gras."
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
According to a Bacardi billboard down the street from my house.

Parades have already started.

And a lot of them have moved Uptown. And since there were police barriers being set up in front of my school this week, I'm guessing I can just walk down to see them. [Smile]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I had no idea there were so many parades for Mardi Gras!!

And I ordered my paczkis today for the office [Smile]

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank all that is evil! One of the most depraved celebrations still ives on!

Yeay! [Evil Laugh]

Hmmmm, now to go buy a buttload of cheap plastic necklaces......
*grooms goatee with an evil grin* [Evil]

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kinda sad that I won't be celebrating this year. I'm not one for the French Quarter debauchery with all the tourists...I'm new enough to New Orleans that I still enjoy watching the floats and catching more beads than any sane person could need.

I'm a terrible driver, don't know the area, and have no friends from the city who can have fun without alcohol, so I decided not the brave getting my butt down there. I'll be lying about my house, driving to Baton Rouge to see my boyfriend's Ultimate tournament, and generally enjoying some peace and quiet while I chow down on King Cake.

Have fun, pH! Catch something for us!

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

I don't know if I'm going to any or which ones yet. I know Bacchus and Endymion are really popular with my friends.

I'm avoiding the French Quarter like the plague; I had to work down there four nights in a row last Mardi Gras, and it was insane.

But also, we talked to Kevin Smith last year, since he showed up at one of the shows where I was working.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

The celebrities aren't as cool this year, though. Psh, Steven Seagal...

When Dominic Monaghan was in it a couple of years ago, one of my friends made out with him. I was so mad that I didn't go with them.

-pH

Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
The floats this year are going to be awesome--so much material. I have to miss the local parade to see my sister's play, so I'm a little sad.

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silkie
Member # 8853

- posted      Profile for Silkie   Email Silkie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Do you know what it means, to miss New Orleans ...
Sigh ... fond memories. One of my most enjoyable Mardi Gras was spent in a little 'bar' off Esplanade, amnog a group of friends, dancing to the Radiators playing live. It isn't the drink - I usually drank juice when I was out - it's the music.

These are the days - enjoy!

Posts: 337 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oolung
Member # 8995

- posted      Profile for oolung   Email oolung         Edit/Delete Post 
Goody Scrivener, paczki are great!!! I don't usually eat them during the year, but on this particular day... there's no going back [Smile]

Hmmm, too bad we don't have parades where I live... that would be a great opportunity to make out with Dom Monaghan indeed. Now I'll have to make up some other excuse to get hold of him [Evil]

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.