FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » AAACK! Need help with my music!

Author Topic: AAACK! Need help with my music!
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
So this has stumped me for 7 years. OK so I had a long break before now and then ...
Anyway I have a Yamaha PSR 530 keyboard and I just got a USB Midi cable to connect it to my computer. I'm hoping to be able to record what I play (hopefully, what I recorded on the keyboard itself) onto the computer so I can burn it on CD.
The problem is, even with the usb cable I STILL music software... But mostly what happens is with any music editing software it doesn't recognize the keyboard as an importing option. But the computer itself says the device is working properly. Maybe I have a very old keyboard...

What I am using:

-Yamaha PSR 530

-Windows XP

-MIDI Sport UNO USB-MIDI Interface

Music Software:
-Anvil Studio
-Magix Studio

If anyone has successfully connected their piano keyboard to a computer please... tell me what you did and what music software you used. [Hail]

Any help is VERY much appreciated.

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I used Cakewalk Pro 8.0 back in the day when it was still called that. I had no problems: plug'n'play with my Audigy I soundcard. It was a cheap POS Yamaha keyboard, don't remember the model - but bad enough that the keys weren't analog.

So...I'm no help, really. What sound card are you using?

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
It's an NVIDIA(R) nForce soundcard....

I appreciate your help. I have Cakewalk, but I lost the serial number to it. [Frown]

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, I used a MIDI to Gameport adaptor. I have no experience with USB converters. I'm also just not familiar enough with the software on your computer.

My only suggestions are to check the MIDI outputs. They can get somewhat confusing as you should put the OUT cable into the IN port on the back of the keyboard and vise-versa. Also, I've found that powering up my PC with the keyboard on will work whereas turning the keyboard on while the computer is on is ineffective. Of course, again, this is using a slightly different interface style.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you could obviate the software issue and record analog into your computer sound input, then burn the cd that way. No midi program involved though, so editing would be a lot harder.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.